Friday, June 26, 2015

My new decor

Whenever I am annoyed by something here in Utah
I try to list for myself all the good things about being here.
I don't really want to be that person who complains about where they are.
Especially when I longed to be here (or close to here) for so many years.

But I just have to say
(You knew there was a "but" coming, didn't you?)
THE FLIES
The flies are making me nuts.

We would get the occasional house fly in Mass
but I don't remember it really being a problem.

Here they are everywhere.
We do have horses just down the hill from us, 
so some people say that is why the flies are so bad here in this neighborhood.
From what I can tell they are pretty bad everywhere.
Let me tell you,  they are bad.

I try to think of it as trading flies for mosquitoes.
I hated the mosquitoes in Mass...
There is always something to dislike no matter where you are.

Last night I had had it!
So I got in the car at 9:30 PM and went to the store 
and bought some of every kind of fly contraption they had.

And now I have little sticky towers in my kitchen and by the tv.
Stickers that go on your sliding glass door that supposedly attract the flies and then kill them.
And right smack in the middle of the room, I have fly paper hanging down from the light fixture.
It's not a great decorating scheme but, darn it all, I will get these flies.




2 comments:

  1. I hate flies too! They are bad here also, we have cows and farmland around. We use the sticky traps also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have flies up the wazoo. I HATE them. It must be a west thing.

    ReplyDelete