Saturday, June 6, 2015

Birthday Week! Episode 3-Ryan

Ryan is the last birthday in our big week of birthdays.
He turned 24!

As we all know, birthdays get less exciting as we get older and Ryan was proof of that this year.

His birthday fell on a Thursday which is the day I usually go to lunch with my parents.
So I took Ryan and Carter with me and we had a nice lunch together.

Afterwards I took him to the sporting goods store to get his gifts.
He asked for running shoes and swim goggles.
He's been running, biking and swimming to get prepared for our family triathlon in July
but he's been doing it with keds and no goggles.

goggles with glasses.  It's the new thing.

He told me he was going to spend the evening with friends so I didn't make any big plans
and I didn't make a cake.
Then he found out that his friend had to work until 9:00 PM so he wouldn't be going out until after that.
Sooo...being the amazing homemaker that I am, I whipped up some sloppy joes for him.
And put a candle in it.


He wasn't too sure about this great idea of mine but he did go along.
We even sang.



The next day I made a cake that we could all have together as a family
(Frank had been out of town all week until Friday)
Homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate frosting.
It tasted amazing if I do say so myself
even if the cake did fall in the middle again!
*curse you high altitude*


Ryan has an amazing ability to blow out ALL the candles with one puff of air.
In the past, I've even put candles on the side of the cake to try to mess him up.
It's impressive to see but hard to catch with a camera...
But to the naked eye it appears that all the candles go out at once.  


Happy Birthday Ryan!



No comments:

Post a Comment