Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 in Review

  1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before? Rode a bike with clip in shoes.  Fell off that bike in my own driveway. 

  2. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? Some willpower.

  3. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? It is unlikely that any dates will be etched in my memory.  But I'm sure I had some good things happen...let's think. Um. Drawing a blank right now because of my terrible memory. My oldest son and his wife and kids moved to Alaska in 2015. I was excited/nervous for them but sad for me.  It's been ok though because Amber is good about sending videos and I like sending packages to them. Frank reached his 3 year cancer free anniversary in 2015.  3 years is a big deal.  Also we bought a rental property. That's been "fun".
  4. What was your biggest achievement this year? I feel like I was a bit stagnant to be honest.  But I did help my parents out when they wanted to go to Arizona.  That was good.  I showed up and sort of participated in the family triathlon.  Hoping to make a better showing in the future though. I also lost about 15 pounds.  I've gained back 5.  I'm going to lose that other 15 THIS YEAR. Darn it all.

  5. What was your biggest failure? hmmm. I guess I don't really think like that.  I wish I had done some things better but I don't like thinking in terms of failure.  I haven't overcome my sugar addiction, so there's that I guess.

  6. Did you suffer illness or injury? Migraines continued to be a major issue for me in 2015. Began botox in the spring or early summer and that has made a huge difference though.  I have some other health issues that make my life miserable.  But I'm dealing.

  7. What was the best thing you bought? I'm sure the rental house will turn out to be the best thing we bought...long term.  We are still trying to recover right now though.

  8. Where did most of your money go? The rental house!

  9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to Alaska that I got for Christmas this year.  I am going in 4 days! Probably something else too, earlier in the year, but right now Alaska is on my mind. :-)

  10. What song will always remind you of 2015? Probably none of them.  Possibly Adelle's song "Hello" but only because My funny cousin Emily mentioned it on her blog and I thought "yeah, probably that song."

  11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    a) happier or sadder?
     happier.  I really like living near my family.
    b) thinner or fatter?
      a little bit thinner.
    c) richer or poorer? most definitely poorer.

  12. What do you wish you'd done more of? exercising. I'm getting weak weak weak. 

  13. What do you wish you'd done less of? whining. 

  14. What was your favorite TV program? Hmmm.  Frank and I choose a show and then watch one together most nights.  We do this until we run out of seasons and then choose another.  I have really enjoyed this new thing of ours.  It's relaxing and kind of a bonding thing.  So I can't say I loved one program more than another but I love the watching of our programs together.

  15. What was the best book you read? I have not read as much this year.  Must read more in 2016.  I really enjoyed Becoming a Great Gospel Teacher by Mark Beecher.  It got me fired up to be a better teacher to the teenagers at my church. I liked it so much I bought extras and gave them away.  That's saying something.

  16. What was your family's favorite children's book this year? Skipping this one since my children are pretty darn old.  I bought several books for my grandkids but I don't know if they have a favorite...

  17. What did you want and get? New Silverware.  Yay! We were down to 2 spoons I think.  Where do they go?

  18. What did you want and not get? I still want some expensive stuff around my house.  Doubt I'll get it in 2016 either but it still swims around in my brain even though it's unlikely.  Remodel of laundry room to include a sewing area, new vanity in my bathroom and changing the kitchen are on that sad, expensive list.

  19. What was your favorite film of the year? I liked hunger games. I'm sure I liked something else too but darned if I can remember.
  20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 48 in 2015.  My birthday is in January though so it was a long time ago! I had my family over for dinner and cake which was awesome.  I also got to go to  lunch with my friend Annette who ended up moving to Arizona this year. (SAD!)

  21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015? comfortable when at all possible.

  22. What kept you sane? Having family close was awesome.  I also made a couple of friends this year so I got to go to lunch etc on occasion.

  23. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? I like Jennifer Lawrence  and I like to watch Jimmy Fallon videos on Youtube...but generally don't care about celebrities. I only picked those two because, again, my funny cousin Emily mentioned them and I thought "yeah, she's right!" 

  24. What political issue stirred you the most? I generally avoid any and all political discussions but I can say that I actually posted on Facebook about Donald Trump this year.  That's how fired up I was.  I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how he is a thing.  Seriously?  This guy is so full of himself and also full of negativity and hate that I just can't take it.  I do try to avoid talking about it though because I'm not going to change any minds with my bluster.  Luckily there are no trump supporters under my roof so I don't have to deal with it at home. Whew!
  25. Who is the best new person you met? Carter got a girlfriend in 2015 and I like her.  I pick her as the best new person I met in 2015.

  26. Who did you miss? I miss all of my Massachusetts people. I also miss my Pennsylvania people.  I also miss my Oregon people.  Facebook is so good for this type of problem....though it isn't a perfect fix.

  27. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015. Appreciate and love your family with all of their quirks.  I already knew this but its something I focus on in my life.  I love my kids (that includes you Amber!), my grandkids, my siblings, my parents and my extended family SO MUCH.  So glad to have more of them around.

  28. What were your favorite photos from 2015? I haven't been that good at taking pictures but here's a few (ok a bunch):





















I didn't take this one...stole it from a snapchat.  But it's a keeper!







This entire blog post is a stolen blog idea from my funny cousin Emily.  I steal it every year because I never remember that it exists until I see it on her blog. Thanks Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment