Thursday, September 3, 2015

Weekend plans etc.

Tomorrow I am driving to Albuquerque 
to attend the 50th anniversary celebration of the parents of my best friend from High School.
I'm excited to be back in Albuquerque if only for a couple of days.

I spent my High School years there and loved it.
For many years, I considered Albuquerque to be home
even though I only lived there for about 5 years total.

My oldest brother died while I lived there.
I graduated High School there.
I had my first date and my first kiss there.
I had my first broken heart there.

I have a brother that still lives there 
and I have never been to his house.
That's just not right.

My parents are coming too.
We will be visiting my old neighborhood
and visiting my brother's grave.
It will be a great weekend of reminiscing I'm sure!

My two best friends in High School were both named Jennifer.
And I remain close friends with both of them to this day.
I love them like sisters.
______

Tonight
when I should be packing
I am canning beef stew.

Why?
Yes, I admit it, it's partially because I am a complete nut.
Mostly it's because I did not plan well and defrosted a bunch of meat
and couldn't leave it for the whole long weekend
and risk it going bad.

But I also admit
that I'm super excited to try my home canned beef stew.
Made with my grass fed beef and home grown onions.

There's a part of me that really enjoys this old fashioned stuff
like canning and baking and sewing.

Then there's this other part of me that can't stand making dinner and can't hem a pair of pants to save my life.

I wonder about myself sometimes.
______

Austin came to visit for a day and a half
on his way to Oregon where he's going to live for awhile.

It was fun having him and his two friends.

I love to watch my boys as they talk and laugh and play music together.

I took pictures (not enough) but can't get any of them to load...
so I guess the pictures will be another post on another day.

Because I really need to pack.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I wish I was going to be in abq this weekend so I could see you! Have a safe trip, and bring some beef stew through gallup on your way home. Heh.

    ReplyDelete