Friday, September 18, 2015

Volunteer

I have started volunteering at the Timpanogos LDS temple
which is only a couple of miles from my house.

This seemed like a good idea when I decided to do it.

But it turns out that I am the worst volunteer ever.

Week 1: go in and learn my job. no prob.
Week 2: Out of town.
Week 3: Forgot to tell them that I had to drive up to Rexburg ID that day to take a friend to college.  Oops.  Call and get a sub. Thank heaven someone was willing to fill in for me!

And then came week 4.

In order to go into an LDS temple you have to be an active member of the church in good standing.  We each get a temple recommend that we show at the front desk that allows entry.
I need this recommend when I volunteer as well.

Frank went on a business trip earlier this week and after he left I couldn't find my purse anywhere.
So we thought maybe I left it in his car (which only has one key...in his pocket and is parked at the airport)
So I get all frantic realizing that my temple recommend is in there.
I cannot miss another week! I've only shown up once so far!

Then I find my purse.
It was here after all.
And inside...no temple recommend!

I get all frantic and make some calls to find out what I can do.
It takes some emails and calls but I get it worked out.

Week 4: Today...wake up with a horrible headache and nausea.
I haven't had a migraine in awhile and I actually have my botox treatment today
so for me to get this headache today of all days when I really have to show up
or truly be the worst volunteer ever...is upsetting.

I'm going anyway.

I have taken medication which seems to be doing absolutely nothing.
But I will at least show up...and then maybe go home early.


No comments:

Post a Comment