I think its the 7th week. I'm losing track.
All I know is, we don't have much time left!
I hope I finish...
Here is what my chair looked like when I started today:
The first thing I did was to staple the back on
(it was only tacked previously)
Next, I had to measure, cut and sew the pieces to go onto the seat.
Sewing is also a little stressful because the machines are these heavy duty industrial machines.
But it went ok.
Then I had to hand-sew the fabric down, using a curved needle.
And it gives the nice edge.
Then I tacked it in place
CUT the fabric to fit around the arms and back.
Here is a view of the seat as I worked on it.
(chair laying on its back)
I had to staple very carefully around the legs and make a nice pleat.
The edges will be covered with welting.
The front is all done!
(except for some trimming on the bottom, I now see)
I cut the fabric to start the arms but time ran out.
So that's as far as I got.
I think I'm going to love it!
I sat in it for quite awhile before class began
and it was nice and comfy.