Sunday, March 2, 2014

Content

I have been thinking about this lately.
I have decided that I am just a content person.

I can't imagine ever saying "I'm bored"
It just doesn't make sense to me.
Theres just no reason to be bored.
ever.

I get a great amount of satisfaction from
a clean kitchen
folding laundry
paying bills
organizing a drawer or closet

Maybe that makes me boring to other people.
But to me
I am content.

I don't need fancy vacations.
If given my preference I would occasionally fly (or drive) across the country 
to see family and friends.
I love to visit all of the historic sites for our church.
I love to visit famous historical sites of our country.
I like a good movie on occasion.
I love to read.

I don't need fancy restaurants.
I do, however, like an evening when I don't have to cook.
If that means a pizza from Dominoes, I'm happy as can be.
Cold Cereal? You betcha.

Some people need to be entertained.
I really don't.
I really really don't.

If I visit you, I am happy to do whatever it is you normally do.
sit with a baby in a living room
walk your dog
watch tv
go to your kid's football game
fold your laundry

Now the danger is....
that if you visit me
I might not know how to entertain you.
Because
I'm content.

...Or possibly boring...

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post! I agree with you! I think it would be hard to go through life always unsatisfied, restless, and wanting more - that would be a burden I don't have the energy to carry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can really relate to this in lots of ways. I think I am content too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. That's why you're so fun to be around!

    ReplyDelete