Monday, March 17, 2014

Life between class

When I look back 
I see that I am not doing a lot of blogging other than my upholstery classes.
That might lead you to believe that I don't do much in my life.
You'd pretty much be right.
But
I am going to give you a glimpse 
into my exciting life
between classes

Here are some things I have done recently:

I have purchased yet another spaghetti squash that is now rotting on my counter
(just like the one before it)

I started the process of stripping the cedar chest I got when we moved in here.
Yes, over a year ago.
I totally forgot to take "before" pictures.
I hate it when I do that!

I made a scrumptious dinner for my family
and did not get the response it deserved.
So I left the kitchen and ate by myself in the dining room.
It was lovely.
I should probably do that more often.

I am going to a friend's house once a week to help teach her to sew.
Its been super fun!
We have made pillows, drawstring bags, and last week we made super hero capes for her boys.
Cute!
I don't really know what I'm doing though so I hope she's learning what she wants to learn...

I joined a challenge group at my gym.
We meet once a week together.
I am pretty much failing.
I cannot figure out where the athlete Debbie went to.
I'm having trouble finding her.

I found out that I have to have one ovary removed.
TMI
but it is the title of my blog so you were warned.

As soon as it gets warm enough
(and I finish the cedar chest)
I'm going to redo our kitchen table.
I'm going to make the top striped!
Frank doesn't know yet.
surprise!
I'm excited.

I came up with this new plan to have one person totally in charge of family home evening each week.
That person can decide if we have a lesson
(they teach it)
or an activity.
They are also in charge of snacks.
It is working out great and we've done a number of different things!
Go me.

I am actually way behind on my tivo shows.
I haven't been watching tv at all...
not even when I fold clothes.
What the heck is wrong with me?

I bought a movie that I've been wanting to see
and a friend said that we should have a girls night and all watch it together.
Then girls night fell through and hasn't been rescheduled.
I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MOVIE
am I a good friend or what?
It's been over 2 weeks...
I'm cracking.

That's all I've got.

Time to go eat cookies.
(see above regarding the gym)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have TWO spaghetti squashes rotting on my counter! HAHAHAHA! I just posted about it!

    I want you to come eto my house and teach me to sew. Right now every time I try my threat gets bunched up on the bottom of whatever I'm doing and I don't know what's wrong. So frustrating.

    Our family does that with FHE--one person in charge of the whole thing. It works really well for us.

    I can't believe you haven't watched the movie! What is it?

    Ovary. Why? So sorry.

    I want to eat cookies with you. Come to my house.

    ReplyDelete