Saturday, September 30, 2017

Something to be thankful for September 2017

Sept 1: Got the house sprayed for bugs.  We've been seeing too many spiders lately (plus a dead mouse that I haven't mentioned) Ew!
Sept 2: Frank and I spent the day just doing stuff that needed to be done.  He spent the entire day outside doing a variety of yard projects and I got the entire house cleaned!  It's really been falling apart since I started working so I'm really glad to get it back in shape before the next week begins. I even cleaned up/organized Carter's room and the guest room so now it's ready for people to visit again. Come on over!
Sept 3: I know I'm a bit of a broken record about this but today I am thankful that it's a 3 day weekend and I don't have work tomorrow! ha!
Sept 4: A day off!  Made a huge batch of chili.  HUGE.
Sept 5:Walking in the evening with Frank.
Sept 6: My group at work won the August contest for working out, drinking water and also our stats for calls.  We got a pizza party and a $20 gift card each. Woo Hoo!
Sept 7:Frank got sick today.  He is rarely sick and when he is, he rarely lets it stop him. This time he was laying in bed, moaning and groaning and was having a hard time keeping his blood sugar up.  It was hard to see.  But I am so thankful that he was able to manage his blood sugar and that he's doing better now.
Sept 8: Frank and I had a lazy evening at home since he's still feeling under the weather. I'm thankful he's on the mend and that we could just relax together.
Sept 9:Carter came home for the weekend (for my Mom's birthday party)and it's been so fun to have him here.  ALSO big news...Austin and Katy got married today!  He hasn't sent me any pictures yet so I am anxiously waiting for some.  I'm thankful he and Katy found each other, they are very cute together.
Sept 10: Today is my mom's 80th birthday! I'm thankful to have had such a great mom and I'm thankful to live close to her now.
Sept 11: I can't help but be thankful for first responders on this day...for brave people everywhere, for people who overcome loss, for people who put other's lives ahead of their own.
Sept 12: I spent the evening at Thanksgiving Point gardens and it was a lovely evening with the women from church.
Sept 13:I'm thankful for the amazing quacasalsa that I buy at the grocery store (fresh salsa combined with guacamole)  It is literally the thing I think about as I drive home every day.  It's a yummy treat for myself after a day of work.
Sept 14: I'm thankful that Frank fixed dinner tonight!
Sept 15: I'm grateful for the food truck that came to work today. ha! I ate a really yummy and warm baked potato and it was amazing on this cool, rainy day.
Sept 16: I'm grateful for Frank's bountiful garden today as I made another huge batch of chili, prepped green beans and processed lots of tomatoes.
Sept 17:I got to hear Corey talk in church and then Frank also talked.  It was a nice Sunday.
Sept 18:We bought tickets for Branden and Amber to come for Christmas!
Sept 19: Apparently today was international talk like a pirate day.  Ha! I love dumb holidays and I should really get serious about celebrating them.
Sept 20:Taco day at work and I brought my garden tomatoes.  It was super yummy.
Sept 21: This morning's sunrise was SO AMAZING. I wanted to take a picture but I was driving to work. There were clouds over the mountain and the sun turned them orange and then there were rays of light coming through. Just breath taking.  I'm thankful I saw that today.
Sept 22: Frank and I made an attempt to be social and invited a couple out for dinner with us.  They had a family emergency at the last minute.  So I invited two more couples, both of which couldn't go. Why is this my thankful post for the day? Because, astoundingly, we still went out! Go us!  We have become real homebodies lately so I was proud of us.
Sept 23: Carter came home for the weekend. Yay!
Sept 24: It feels like fall (almost winter) today.  I brought out my winter clothes and enjoyed an afternoon relaxing with Frank and eating delicious gluten free zucchini bread that I made.
Sept 25: We got invited to dinner at a neighbor's house.  We had a nice time and even played some ping pong and scrabble.
Sept 26:I got to talk to my son, Branden, on the phone today.  We don't talk often enough but I always love it when we do.
Sept 27: My visiting teachers came today and I talked their ears off.  I guess I need friends.  ha! But I enjoyed it!
Sept 28: Carter sent me the nicest text today.  Thanking me for sacrificing (by going to work full time) for him.  It was pretty much the best thing ever.  I've also been texting Ryan more lately and I love it.
Sept 29: Payday!
Sept 30: Carter came home unexpectedly and we had a lovely day of watching conference as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment