Friday, September 29, 2017

Back in the day...

When I went to college, my family lived in New Mexico.
It was about an 8-10 hour drive to get home and I didn't have a car, so I didn't come home that often.  A few times I came home for special occasions or when someone I knew was driving down that way.  What did I do when I came home?
Visited my friends, went to parties, hung out at friend's houses.
I vaguely remember my mother mentioning once that it would be nice to see me when I came home since I spent all of my time with my friends...but I don't think she made a major issue of it.
And I certainly gave it no thought.

Now, I have a kid in college and he will occasionally come home for the weekend.  But I know he isn't coming home to see me.  He comes home when his girlfriend has some time off work or when he has a friend to see.  I don't begrudge him this but it sure takes me back.
And suddenly I am in my mom's shoes.  Poor Mom.

I'm going to try not to make a major issue of it. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment