Sunday, September 17, 2017

Mom turns 80!

On Sunday, September 10th, we had a little family party to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday.  It was really fun for everyone.



 Diane decorated her house with balloons and streamers and she made two cakes as well.
They were AMAZING and she may be asked to make all of our future cakes from now on.
We have all been watching The Great British Baking Show lately and it's affecting our cooking...
she went all out and we were all impressed and delighted!
I brought an apple pie made by a neighbor as a little nod to the absence of my oldest brother Darryl.  Apple pie was always his favorite and he had it for his birthday instead of a cake.


We ate delicious food together and enjoyed Diane's wonderful yard and the company of family and friends.






After dinner, we had singing and cake and ice cream and took some family pictures


All the kids who could come:


Kids and spouses:
(hopefully someone has a decent picture because I sure don't!)


Greg, being Greg.






Oh wait, maybe this picture is decent:


Mom posed with her cakes before we dug in:


Singing:


Blowing out the candles!


We skyped with my sister Danielle who lives in Alabama.
We missed having her  and her family there as well as my brother David and his family that lives in CA.

That's an awesome picture of both of us. 
You're welcome.

For her present, we gave my mom a book of letters filled with memories from family members.
We read each of ours to her as well as the ones written by her brothers.

The book has lots more


It was really great to sit in a big family circle and read these letters and reminisce about what a great mom we have.




Of course there was crying and laughing involved.

I'm thankful for my mom.

Happy 80th Birthday!

2 comments: