Friday, September 1, 2017

Something to be thankful for: August 2017

Aug 1: I had a pretty fun day at work.  Training is fun and easy but I'm nervous for the real thing. I put dinner in the crockpot in the morning and we had an awesome dinner of chicken, rice/quinoa, broccoli and fresh corn from the garden.
Aug 2: I got to leave work at 4 :-D
Aug 3: I got paired with a guy from work for training that is SO MUCH like my son Branden.  It was fun hanging out with him.
Aug 4: Apparently everything is about work now because it is my life. :-(  But honestly, I have so much to be thankful for, even at work.  I enjoy the little outdoor space where I go to eat my lunch. The people are very nice and helpful. And Frank is nice to me and tries to help me relax when I get home. He knows its a big transition for me and being very kind about it and I really appreciate it!
Aug 5: Frank installed the ceiling fan in our room!  It has been bare wires for some time now so this is a huge improvement. ha! I also found an All American canner at garage sales today so that was awesome!

Aug 6: I'm thankful that I could have a relaxing Sunday that included church, reading and playing cards with my little family.  Only a couple of weeks away from Carter going off to college so we are enjoying our time together.
Aug 7: I'm thankful for family scripture time each night.
Aug 8: I'm thankful for our comfy couch in the front room...the perfect place to veg after work for a few minutes every evening! ha!
Aug 9: I've started eating lunch with another girl and work and we've been walking around during our lunch break as well.  It's been a great thing to move a bit and have someone to talk to :-)
Aug 10: We got to go to Sundance to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.  It was a fun night out with several other couples in the neighborhood!
Aug 11: Frank is in Oregon visiting his parents and attending Hannah and Steven's wedding reception.  I'm so glad he could go and be of help to his parents!

Aug 12: Got some things done around the house and then sat on the couch and watched too much tv. It. was. awesome.
Aug 13: Evening at Doneen's eating great food and talking to family.  Couldn't be better.
Aug 14: Carter and I enjoyed the evening together.  He fixed dinner so yay for that!
Aug 15: Delicious peaches from the local farm stand.  I can never get enough.
Aug 16: Branden and Amber's go fund me for a service dog for Kaylee is going well, so that is a blessing!
Aug 17:A lovely session at the temple followed by dinner with my old friend Eliza and her daughters.  I love seeing old friends!
Aug 18:Botox day...which also meant that I had a half day at work.  So that was awesome.  Then I went to visit my friend Annavon who is visiting Utah for a short time.  I loved hanging out with her, Lindsey and Mike for a few hours!
Aug 19: I cut and shredded about 10-12 zucchini today (I didn't count but there was a whole counter full).  I like it when I can accomplish something useful during the day.  Sometimes housework feels never ending and like it just gets messed up right after doing it, but this kind of work feels like preparing something for future use and I like that feeling.
Aug 20: A decent lesson in Sunday School...sometimes with teenagers that's the best you can ask for!
Aug 21: I got to go out and see the eclipse during work.  It wasn't a totality here but it was still cool!
Aug 22: I forgot to write on this day...so I will say that I am thankful for the gorgeous world!  I am often struck by the beauty of this earth and God's love for me when I see it.
Aug 23: Today was great! We picked up Rachel Morey from the airport and took her to the MTC, we moved Carter into his college apartment, and I got to visit the Peterson's briefly. (The day started out iffy with us finding out that Harley was having surgery but it all went well so that was a blessing as well!)
Aug 24: I survived work :-D
Aug 25: It's Friday!  I've never loved Fridays like I do now that I'm a working woman. HA!
Aug 26:We impulsively took a trip to Bryce Canyon.  Gorgeous and so fun! 
Aug 27: A lovely short hike at the Bryce Canyon area followed by a safe ride home.
Aug 28:I forgot to write on this day.  Oops.  I blame work (someday I will stop complaining about work, I promise).  I am thankful for the fact that Carter had a great first day at college! He loves his Japanese class.
Aug 29: Thankful for texts from my kids!
Aug 30:Finally got my hair done.  I needed it so badly.  Gray is gone for a couple of weeks at least. ha!
Aug 31:Dinner with the Van Brederodes from Pennsylvania days...so much fun to see them!




No comments:

Post a Comment