Monday, September 18, 2017

Guacasalsa

I bought this product on a whim one day while grocery shopping...it is a container of fresh salsa with guacamole at the bottom.  It looked yummy to me so I bought it.

(Here is what it looks like after I've eaten some of it...it's full when you buy it.)



Anyway, buying that little tub of heaven was the beginning of a big problem for me.
I am obsessed!

Honesly, it's not that cheap.  It's like 6 bucks for that little tub!
(It went on sale one week for 5 bucks and I was ecstatic.)

Whenever I grocery shop I go in saying to myself "I don't need the salsa this week. I will skip it.  It's too expensive"
And then by the time I leave the store I'm  saying "Oh, what the heck, just one more time"
I mean, in the scheme of treats, this one is pretty healthy right?

This little tub is the thing I think about as I drive home from work every day.
It's my treat to myself for making it through another day.

Even though I arrive home at dinner time, I have a spoonful of this stuff with a few chips before I start thinking about dinner.
It's just my favorite thing.

Because I'm obsessed with the guacasalsa, I have started testing out all the different varieties of chips to see which ones are the best.
Can they hold up under the pressure of dipping or do they break?
(so annoying)
Are they salty enough?
Is round better than triangle?

Here is my current bag:
So far the round shape is winning and these chips are fairly heavy duty so no breakage.


Anyway, the other day I went in to get some medication at the pharmacy that is inside my grocery store so I grabbed a tub on my way over.  The pharmacist sees me holding it and asks me if it's good.  She has been intrigued but never bought it yet.
I told her "Just don't ever buy it.  That way you won't become obsessed like me"
We laughed about that and then she's like
"what chips do you eat with it?"
So i tell her about my quest for the perfect chip.
She responds by getting kind of excited and telling me that they have the most amazing chips in the store and I HAVE TO try them.
She logged out of her computer and left the pharmacy to show me the chips!
ha!!!
I seriously need to become friends with this person.

We walked all over the store looking for this chip.
She asked some of the store workers and when they didn't know where to find them she said (in a joking but snarky tone) "Well, thanks for nothing!" 
Seriously, it's the most fun I've had in a grocery.
I'm not sure I have ever had fun in a grocery store before actually...what's fun about grocery shopping?
But this time was fun!

She saw another worker and asked her about the chips and this worker knew where they were...
so all three of us go over to find them.
We are talking about the guacasalsa and the quest for the perfect chip and we were all laughing.
It was a little crazy but fun.

We found the chip and I bought a bag to try so we shall see how they hold up to the competition.
_____

I've been eating really healthy lately and I've given up gluten (90%...had cake at my mom's birthday for instance but don't eat it most days) and I'm mostly sugar free as well.
This little chip/salsa habit I'm starting doesn't seem like a good idea long term.
I'm wondering if I would like it just as much if I had, say, crunchy veggies to dip into it.
I'm going to give it a try.
I don't feel the same excitement when thinking about dipping a carrot as I do a salty chip but my 50 year old body will probably thank me.
It better.

No comments:

Post a Comment