Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Something to be thankful for: May 2017

May 1-Oh man, we were lazy today and it was awesome. I'm thankful for lazy days.
May 2-Took Frank to the airport for an out of town trip.  On the way home I stopped and did some window shopping and just enjoyed the nice day.  Then I had a burger for dinner and finished up the painting.  It felt like I accomplished a lot today.
May 3-We got out of work today a bit early which was good because I had a headache...but the day ended up being pretty relaxing and nice.  I took a nap and worked on the kitchen project once I was feeling better.
May 4-Women's conference with Doneen today.  I always love Women's conference and today was no exception.  It's such a nice break and uplift.
May 5-A second day of Women's Conference awesomeness.  Elder Stevenson of the Quorum of the 12 spoke as the concluding speaker and it was great.  He talked about the use of internet and social media.  I should do better about sharing my testimony.
May 6-Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy with my boyfriend tonight. :-)
May 7-A beautiful spring day and time to lay in the hammock and read
May 8-Friends who care about me and text me when I'm not feeling well.
May 9-I'm thankful for my pretty flowering bush outside.  I love my flowers!
May 10-Today I took dinner to a family that is having some major health issues.  It made me realize that I should be grateful for EVERYTHING.  So many people have worse problems than me.
May 11-Lunch with mom and dad is back on track now that my school job has ended for the year.  I really enjoy doing this with them.
May 12-Today I got botox.  I always dread it and look forward to it at the same time.  It really has made my migraines tolerable and so it is worth it.  I'm also grateful that my insurance covers it!  It's way expensive and I don't think I could do it without insurance.
May 13-The annual Mother's Day get-away to Park City was today.  I got to spend the day with Lori, Rachelle and Maddy.  It was way fun!
May 14-We are off to Alaska today!
May 15-Saw the grandkids today!  I also saw Branden and Amber, which I love so I don't want to seem like I don't care about seeing my kids as well as the grandkids. :-)  They both totally remembered me and weren't shy at all.  Yay!
May 16-I spent the day with Isabelle, Kaylee and my son Ryan today while the rest of the group went up north and did a zipline.  We took Kaylee to therapy and school.  We went to the McDonald's play place for awhile.  We had ice cream cones. We played dinosaurs in the dirt outside the apartment.  I loved seeing Ryan and how cute he is with the girls as well.  He's a good uncle. It was a really nice day together.
May 17- Just thankful to be here with Branden, Amber, Isabelle, Kaylee,  and Ryan.
May 18-Today is my sister Danielle's birthday.  She is a tough cookie.  Life hasn't been easy for her but she always has a good attitude and faith in God.  She is a great example to me and I am thankful for her today.
May 19-Thankful for another day in Alaska. I'm gonna miss these people!
May 20-We attempted to hike this morning but it was too cold.  So afterward we went home to the apartment where we just relaxed, played dinosaurs, took a walk to the library and enjoyed each other's company.  It warmed up and turned out to be a delightful day!
May 21-We made it home safe and sound.  I'm thankful for air travel that makes going to far away places like Alaska possible. I'm also thankful for Nyquil because I have a cold.
May 22-I got a lot accomplished today!  I'm thankful for my washer and dryer, my vacuum, my dishwasher...all of the modern conveniences that make cleaning house so easy.
May 23-I'm thankful for a gardener husband!  He puts a lot of time and effort into his garden and we always enjoy the harvest.  He's trying some new things this year so that'll be fun!
May 24-I'm thankful to work with enjoyable people
May 25-I'm thankful for a fun, funny and talented hairdresser.  I let her chop my hair off today!
May 26-We actually got invited to someone's house for a barbecue!  It was nice. I'm thankful for people who reach out.
May 27-I'm thankful that I can spend an entire day working on projects that are important to me.  I also went to garage sales with a couple of gals in the neighborhood and had a great time.
May 28-I'm thankful for Frank and the fact that we have been married now for 29 years.  It hasn't always been easy, that's for sure, but he's a good guy and I'm so blessed to have him.
May 29-Frisbee golf with the family
May 30-Today I am especially thankful for Amber!  It's her birthday today! She is a wonderful addition to our family and we love her so much.
May 31-Today I am thankful for good allergy medications!  Both Carter and I have had a rough time with allergies this year but it is much improved with the allergy medicine available these days.  Especially the eye drops! Thank heaven for the eye drops!  Of course, I'm not as thankful for the cost (I just spent $80 this morning for medicine for both Carter and I) but it's better than just suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment