Monday, May 1, 2017

Something to be Thankful for: April 2017

April 1- Conference in the morning at Candice's house.  Then off to visit Jennifer Frank (we've been friends since High School!) for the afternoon.  Sitting by a gorgeous pool and chatting was the perfect end to this day!
April 2- Just more relaxing for me!  We went on a little nature hike which was beautiful.  We sat by the pool and talked.  It's my last day in Arizona and I have loved every minute.
April 3-I drove home to Utah today.  I made it safely despite getting to drive through a blizzard (in April).  I enjoyed the drive and everything went smoothly so I'm thankful for that!
April 4- My tulips are blooming!  It's Frank's 5 year anniversary: he is cancer free 5 years today!  SO thankful for that.
April 5-Today I am thankful for my sweet granddaughter Isabelle.  It's her 4th birthday today and I miss her so much.  I get to go visit in May and I cannot wait!

April 6-Today is the start of a 3 day vacation with some neighbors.  We saw some beautiful areas and did some little hikes.  I'm thankful for a beautiful world that I get to enjoy!
April 7-Beautiful scenery and hikes in southern Utah.  Fun day!
April 8- Today we went to Bryce canyon for the first time. Wow, it was so gorgeous and unusual. I love seeing new beautiful places.

April 9-We had Rachel, Claudia and Charles over for dinner.  I love seeing these great kids and the good things they are doing with their lives.  All three of them will go on missions soon. I just love these kids!
April 10-Today I spent the whole day cleaning house.  I cleaned the bathrooms, the kitchen, vacuumed everything and did laundry.  I love a clean house and I am so grateful that I am able to spend time at home just doing these domestic things. I know I've been blessed to be a stay-at-home mom when many others can't do it.
April 11- Today I got 4 new windows! Yay!  I love that my bathrooms are now private (privacy glass woo hoo!) and that the window over the kitchen sink is functional and pretty.  I often wished I could open that window but it was broken.  Now I can get the wonderful spring air while in the kitchen.
April 12-I worked today and I just have to say that I really like the people I work with.  It makes work so much more fun!
April 13-Today is Kaylee's birthday!  I'm thankful for Kaylee in my life!

April 14-I bought a hide-a-bed couch a few months ago so that I can put it in my office/guest room.  I'm excited to finish up that room and also be able to have a place for guests (poor Hannah has gotten used to sleeping in the front room on the couch).  Today it was delivered!  And the exciting part? It's green!

April 15- Frank replaced the drywall in the kitchen and made it look pretty easy too.
April 16-Easter! I'm so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ!
April 17-I'm thankful for beautiful weather outside today.
April 18- As we drove home from work, Lori pointed out the beautiful Lilac bushes.  When I got home I realized that I have two of them in my backyard!  I cut a few branches to put in a vase and they are beautiful and fragrant!
April 19-Today Frank and I worked on installing the new beadboard backsplash.  I think it's going to look great.
April 20-I'm grateful to work with fun neighborhood friends.  It makes the work day so much more pleasant!
April 21-I got to have lunch with a gal here in the neighborhood that I have a lot in common with and it was a nice little break. (Thanks Shari for always fitting me in!)
April 22-This morning I got a massage which was painful but also awesome.  My headaches have been so much better lately and I'm really grateful for that!
April 23-Carter got called to be a primary teacher and he seems fairly excited about it.  I'm grateful for his willingness to serve.
April 24-We got out of work early today (YAY!) and then I got to go to lunch with Beverly (a different friend in the neighborhood) which was really nice.
April 25-Frank helped me by painting the corner of the backsplash where the counter is so deep that I could only do it by actually climbing on the counter.  I was in pain from a long day and from hours of painting and when he chipped in, I wanted to cry it made me so happy.
April 26-Our power bill came today...it was 13.00!  Loving our solar. :-)
April 27-Work with Laurel and Lori.  I really like those two gals!
April 28-Went to Doneen's to celebrate Daryl's graduation from BYU.  I had a hard day so I wasn't that excited to go, but I went anyway and ended up having a great time with my family. Yay!
April 29-Got to attend the adult session of Stake Conference with Dallin H Oaks presiding.  It was a great meeting and I felt the Holy Ghost testify to me that I am loved by my Heavenly Father.  I don't know why I always need reminding, but it always helps me when it happens.
April 30- Stake conference followed by the afternoon at Doneen's house to celebrate Mark's farewell before he goes on a mission soon.  I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment