Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bad luck

After our family party on Sunday, I accidentally left my crock pot and rice cooker at my sister's house.  I just rushed out without thinking and left them on the counter.

It took me a couple of days to get back up to her house to pick up my stuff. But today I finally drove up there with Carter.

As Carter loaded the rice cooker in the car, he tried to wedge it between the back and front seat and he ended up denting it...the side is all crushed in. It happened so easily and we were both surprised.  I harassed Carter a little bit.

We ran some errands with all the stuff still in the car.

As Carter opened the door to place a bag inside the car, the crock pot fell out onto the parking lot and it cracked!

Dented rice cooker.  Cracked crock pot.

I'm thinking I should have left everything at my sister's house after all.



2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hate it when I do stuff like that, and I do stuff like that a LOT. On Sunday I put my pyrex 9x13 on the stove to melt butter for rolls. Then I looked at the dough and it hadn't risen so I was frustrated and went to my bedroom for a minute, forgetting about my glass pan on the stove...Until I heard a giant explosion. The pan literally exploded. There was glass everywhere. i'm so glad I wasn't in the kitchen (and nobody else was either, especially jonas who sits in the swing while I cook). It took an hour and a half to clean up. And then when we ate, there was glass in our mashed potatoes (the potatoes had been boiling on the stove when it happened).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you weren't in the kitchen to! Ryan did this to one of my 9 x 13 pans one time when I wasn't home ...so much cleaning!

      Delete