Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Perfect sister update

She hates that I call her that
but anyone who knows her knows that I have not given her this nickname as a joke or to be rude.
It's just the truth, so why not embrace it?

While I was on vacation in Mexico I got an email from my local grocery store
announcing a big sale on chicken.
Sadly it was only a two day sale so I would miss it.
But I forwarded it to my sister because she, like me, likes a good sale
and likes to can chicken when it is cheap.

She was interested and asked me if I wanted to split a box.
So I said yes.

A few days later, after I returned home, I texted to her see if I could stop by and pick up my chicken.
I wasn't sure if we were going to can it together or if I should just pick it up and can it at home.

Here is a copy of our text conversation:


I really can't imagine too many people who would buy 20 lbs of chicken for someone else,
then go buy canning jars for that person,
then get home and think "eh, may as well can it for them too! Seems easiest..."

This is my sister.

And here is my 18 jars of canned chicken.
Effort from me: two emails.


Thanks Doneen!
You are perfect.

2 comments: