Saturday, March 14, 2015

Nerd wanna be

I feel like I'm kind of a nerd.
For example, I get excited over things like Pi Day.
I like science fiction.
I don't know...what else is nerdy?
ugh.
Failing already.

However, I seem to lack the actual Nerd SKILLS.
Isn't that what makes someone truly a nerd?
They are good at computers or math or some such thing?

In my excitement over this epic once-in-a-hundred years Pi Day this year
I made sure to help arrange a family Pi Day.
We are having pizza (pie) and pie (dessert) for dinner.

I really wanted a Pi Day shirt but couldn't bring myself to spend the money.

Also I was determined to get a picture!
3.141592653
3/14/15 9:26:53

I googled for a good clock that would also show the date.
I double checked how to take a screen shot so I wouldn't screw that up.
(a true nerd would already know how to do this I think)
and then?

I screwed it up.

Behold my photos:

First a practice shot.

Placing my hands on the keyboard to be ready to take the shot.


Aaaaaand....missing it completely.


I thought it took the picture when you lifted your hands from the keys,
not when you placed them onto the keys.
I swear I read that!!

Luckily, what I lack in skill, I make up for in paranoia.
So I asked Carter to sit next to me with his phone and get a shot.

He did.


Whew.
Saved the day.
And the hopes of his not quite nerdy enough mother.

I could try again tonight, I know.

But my daughter in law introduced the idea into my head that the only true Pi time was the a.m. time because...you know....military time.
And now I cannot let go of that.

I'm trying not to overanalyze how much this proves my insanity.


1 comment:

  1. We invited a bunch of people over and had like 12 pies! It was so fun--and crowded. I have a very small house. I love that Carter got a picture and you didn't! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete