Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2016 in review

  1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before? Went to Hawaii

  2. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? willpower and a regular workout schedule (pretty sure I put willpower in last year's review! oops)

  3. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
    June 22-the date Carter went into the MTC to serve his mission to Fukuoka Japan.

  4. What was your biggest achievement this year? Getting Frank to agree to redo the bathroom and replace the baseboards :-)

  5. What was your biggest failure? Hiring someone to do the bathtub tile.  Not that big of a deal in the scheme of things...but a lesson learned.

  6. Did you suffer illness or injury?  Just the usual.  

  7. What was the best thing you bought?  A new bathtub.

  8. Where did most of your money go? Wish I knew! House fixing probably.

  9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Hawaii I guess.  I'm not sure I get really really really excited that often.  I was happy to have Carter graduate high school.  I was very happy to have him serve a mission (but no one gets super excited to send their kid off for a long period of time). I was very happy to visit Alaska and Oregon this year.  Redoing the bathroom made me happy.

  10. What song will always remind you of 2016? I doubt any will.

  11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    a) happier or sadder?
     sadder 
    b) thinner or fatter?
     slightly thinner and working on it...
    c) richer or poorer? about the same

  12. What do you wish you'd done more of? Being creative

  13. What do you wish you'd done less of? working ha!

  14. What was your favorite TV program? The Good Place, This is Us

  15. What was the best book you read? Gosh I read a lot of books I liked.  See my book list of 2016 for all of them.

  16. What was your family's favorite children's book this year? Doesn't really apply.

  17. What did you want and get? White trim in my house, though it still isn't finished and in order to "get" it I have to do a lot of work! A remodeled bathroom.

  18. What did you want and not get? Hard wood floors

  19. What was your favorite film of the year? No idea whatsoever. I can name a few I didn't love...

  20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 49 last January.  I now blog about what I do on each birthday so go here to read that.

  21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? Comfortable and too big.  Plaid usually and often flannel.

  22. What kept you sane? a few trips to Alaska and occasional video chats (need more of those this year)

  23. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? I don't have time for celebrities.

  24. What political issue stirred you the most? UGH! Don't remind me.

  25. Who is the best new person you met? First I would say, Katy!  Austin's girlfriend.  We met her this summer and we really like her.  Also, all the gals at Seagull.  Some of them specifically make going to work fun (though I don't work that often, I admit)...you know who you are!

  26. Who did you miss? All my kids.  The grandkids. Hang out friends.  I need some.  Massachusetts people.  Pennsylvania people. etc.

  27. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2016. I am pretty good at painting. I need friends. I never get tired of See's chocolates no matter how many I eat.  But I think I already knew all of those things.  I need to think on this one.
Favorite pictures from 2016

Senior Pictures


Boating

Making my Dad laugh way hard

The burned Bern

Disneyland!

Service with the sis

Videos and pictures from Alaska

Seeing old friends!

Hawaii

Carter goes through the temple

typical Carter

Entering the MTC

Alaska fun



More from Hawaii

Amber being amazing

Kaylee cuteness

Family fun in Oregon

Hanging with the Petersons!


Working on the house

Canning

2 comments:

  1. A terrific year! Sorry you're sadder, I know how that goes. I love your pictures. Who's falling off the boat?!

    ReplyDelete