Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bleeping Bugs

I imagined the beautiful sectional that I would have on my back, covered porch.
I would lounge there and read a book
or take a nice Sunday afternoon nap perhaps.

It took me a long time to find said sectional
but I did eventually purchase one.

Here it is, looking a bit disheveled but still comfy.


I quickly discovered that I have a flaw in my back, covered porch.

This skylight.


This skylight is located over my kitchen window and makes my kitchen lighter and brighter.
I have never hated this skylight.


But it turns out that something about this skylight, the pitch of the roof, and the light in my kitchen window perhaps...that all work together to attract bugs.
Bugs that fly up into the skylight each night and 
DIE.
They fall down onto the top of the window where their little corpses slide down and land right on my lovely couch!

Every. Single. Night


Some days are worse than others but there are always, always bug bodies on my couch.

I purchased a little hand held vacuum that I keep plugged in in the nearby garage so that I can suck up all the bleeping bug corpses before I sit and enjoy my couch, view and/or book.


Yes, I took a picture of my little hand vac because it has made the difference between me never ever sitting on my bug covered couch and getting to enjoy it.

The weird thing is that we used to have a little bar with stools in this spot and I never remember noticing any bugs...
but they must have been there, I just didn't see them on the dark wood or brown outdoor carpet.
Gross.

I guess I would rather see and remove them than unknowingly be stepping on or sitting on them.
Ew.

Bleeping Bugs!

1 comment: