Tuesday, July 5, 2016

It's good to have friends with a boat

We have some friends who have a boat and we will occasionally say things like "if you need someone to go on the boat, we are happy to go with you anytime" 
*wink wink*
and they will say "Yes! We should go sometime!"
But, you know...life.
So when they invited us last week, we were pretty excited!
and then it rained, so it got cancelled.

Saturday morning, Frank and I got up and started making a list of all the things we were going to accomplish. We have a lot of things we want to get done around here and we were motivated to get them all done in one day, gosh darn it!

Until I got this text:

"Hey, weather is good. Spontaneous.  We are going boating! Want to come?"
"Sure, when?"
"Now!"

So we chucked the list, threw on the swimsuits and went boating!

It was so much fun!

My original plan was to just enjoy being on the boat.
My neck was still a bit sore from my little bike accident so I didn't think I would attempt water skiing or tubing.
Of course, I am really bad about giving in to peer pressure, so when the teenagers and my husband and the owners of the boat were all heckling me to give it a go...I did.

The last time I went water skiing was with my friends in Arizona quite a few years ago...and it took me about 20 tries to get up on the skis.  That is not an exaggeration.

This time it took 2 tries!  I guess it really is like riding a bike
(which is what they all say but I didn't believe, until now I guess)

Then Frank and I also went on the tube, because...peer pressure.

It was really fun but I will show you how it ended:





Did I mention that my neck was hurting before?


But it was super fun!
We are hoping they keep us in mind for the next time they are feeling spontaneous...
because, you know we will happily chuck our to-do list again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I love boats. But I have never once been able to get up on water skis, even as a teenager! Lame. I had a friend in college from Las Vegas who took us to his house a few times and we went boating on Lake Mead and those are some of my favorite memories. I would love to live near water and have a boat. Fun!

    ReplyDelete