Saturday, December 27, 2014

Togetherness...and gone again.

I dropped Austin off at the greyhound bus
at 5:55 a.m. this morning.
He's off on another adventure.



It was really nice to have everyone together for the holiday.

There was a lot of
laughing
talking
game playing
wrestling
occasionally sitting around being bored
punching 
(I will never understand boys and their need to punch each other)

and me saying
"Don't break my house"









We had some extended family get-togethers
saw Christmas lights
went on a drive in the Canyon
took Austin 4-wheeling
ate out a lot
ate more vegetarian than usual
listened to Christmas music
made gingerbread houses
and just enjoyed being together.












It was great.

I've sent kids on missions,
off to college, 
and 
watched them drive away in on the Greyhound bus.

It never gets easier.

I'm always filled with a profound sadness when they leave.

I want them to grow up and move on with their lives.
I really do.
But it's like this empty space inside of me when they are gone.


I can honestly say I enjoy our time together more than ever
now that I know it won't last.

I just love this family of mine!


1 comment:

  1. This made me sad! Like really sad. I know that's not what you meant but I'm going to go hang out with my kids while I have the chance. :) LOVE that family picture, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete