Thursday, January 3, 2019

Introspection

Obviously I haven't blogged much lately. I do have a few vacations and things that I will blog and put them in on the correct dates, when they occurred. So when I print out the book from this year, it will look normal but actually I didn't write about them in a timely fashion and I'm having trouble getting myself to do so now.
I have had some time off work lately with Christmas and now, today, New Year's day and yet I do not take the time to write anything down. I used to have lots of thoughts run through my head about things I wanted to blog about and that just doesn't happen anymore. I have things I know I should write about mainly so that I remember them later.
I'm feeling super lazy and introvert-ish and lacking in motivation lately.
I tend to get this way in the winter so that's not really new I guess.
It's super cold today and we all have the day off...Frank was like "what are we going to do that fun today?" and all I felt was dread. HA! I just want to stay inside!  But we are going axe throwing (indoor activity for the win!) so that'll will actually be fun I'm sure. Frank hasn't done something this physical since his shoulder surgery so we'll see how much fun he actually has...or if his shoulder yells at him afterwards.
It's the time of year for a little introspection and goal making. I have a little book that I keep in my Christmas stocking in which I write goals for the next year and then when we put out the stockings at the end of the year, I can see how it went.  Up until this year (I have done it maybe 3 years now) I forget that little book exists and I am totally surprised by the goals I set because I wrote them in December and basically never thought of them again. Not great goal setting, I realize.
So this year I wrote a few things down after evaluating how last year went.  And then, to be different and hopefully better, I wrote them in my phone as well!  So, hey, maybe I'll actually work on them this year.

Here are my goals for 2019. I'm sure I'll have more as the year goes along but this is my starting place:
Bear my testimony at least twice this year in sacrament meeting (I'm sure I'll do it more than that in Sunday School, since I teach)
Go to the temple monthly (minimum of 12 times this year)
Re-read the Book Of Mormon, continuing to underline certain topics that I choose
Exercise Regularly (this one will need some definition but it's a start)
Read Ensign cover to cover each month
Save money (amount to be determined)

Most of them are obviously spiritual goals, which is honestly the most important thing to do.  I also want to do better at taking care of my physical body so I will sit down and make some plans in that direction soon.

It's always good to do a little introspection. I tend to end up feeling bad about myself...I am hard on myself in general. So I'm working on that.  Introspection without beating myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment