Saturday, January 5, 2019

Happy Birthday to me

This is the annual tradition of writing down what I did for my birthday!
I am 52 today, which is kind of unbelievable.
Recently I've had issues with waking up with headaches. We've tried to figure out if it is related to our mattress or to laying flat or what. So in the attempt to figure it out before spending a bunch of money on a new mattress I am spending a week sleeping on our couch which reclines. Thus I am sleeping in a semi reclining position rather than flat.
So it was that I woke up at 4:00 am on the morning of Saturday January 5th with a slight headache and unable to go back to sleep on the couch but didn't want to go to the bed, in case it made the headache worse.
I went into the living room eventually and worked on my Sunday school lesson. It's the first week with my new class this week (14 of them!) and the first week of two hour church.
Once Frank woke up I had some cereal and took a shower.
Diana is here visiting because she brought Andrew down to get him settled in at BYU. She and Andrew left at about 8:15 to take him for orientation.
In the meantime I got a fun marco polo from Austin and Katy wishing me a happy birthday. We also discussed house plants and how I want to get more since I have successfully kept one alive for several years now.
So then I decided to actually go out and find a new houseplant!
Frank and I went to Lowe's and even though I had a long list of potential house plants that are hardy and hard to kill...we ended up buying a plant that is pretty but that I know nothing about. We shall see. One of the main reasons we chose Lowe's was because I could look at plants and also get a new trash can for our recyclables.  We totally forgot to get that. Doh! Carter did mock us a little for having a birthday outing to Lowes.
We then went bowling: Carter, Frank, Diana and I.  We stunk but it was fun anyway.
Next it was off to Alicia Carter's house (our backyard neighbor) who made me a gorgeous birthday cake.
We picked up the cake and just dropped it off at home so that we could go out for b-day lunch at Texas Roadhouse. We chose to have lunch rather than dinner so that Carter could participate. I had my usual: Fried chicken, salad and baked potato. So yummy. We got a free appetizer too so we ate way too much.
We came home after that so that we could have a piece of cake before Carter had to leave to pick up his roommate at the airport and then head up to Logan for winter semester which starts Monday.
I was too full for cake but managed to eat some anyway. Felt kinda sick after, no surprise.

Now it is 6 pm and we are just sitting on the couch trying to decide what to do next. I already have my pjs on!  We could go to a movie or something but it's cold out so I'm feeling undecided.
Diana fell asleep for a "little nap" awhile ago and she is still sleeping...I doubt she meant to sleep this long so hopefully she sleeps ok tonight. ha!

Tomorrow the family will come over for the January birthday celebration-Kari and I are the only local people with January birthdays (perhaps the only ones at all? besides Darryl of course). We'll eat more of the cake as well as soup and rolls. Frank and I are making turkey noodle soup and he is making homemade noodles tonight for it.

I usually hold off on any New Years Resolutions until after my birthday so I've been eating too much and moving too little and enjoying every minute.  But I will have to get back on the keto wagon soon and Frank and I have promised to start exercising together.

I was able to finish the Prophet's direction to read the Book Of Mormon by the end of the year. It was a great experience and I plan to start over with marking different areas again.  I have some other plans and goals for 2019 but will write another post about that.

Frank just asked me if I wanted to do something else tonight for my birthday and I said I couldn't decide but that I felt like I was being boring. He said "you're a boring person and it's your birthday so you can do what you want."  I mean, he's right but I still feel offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment