Monday, January 1, 2018

Something to be thankful for: December 2017

Dec 1:It's December! How did that happen? And it's Friday! First day of #Lighttheworld so we delivered some home made pies to a couple of people in the neighborhood. Felt good to do a nice gesture.
Dec 2: Went to SLC to visit with Candice who is here on a vacation. Love seeing friends! We also had a nice Ward Christmas breakfast this morning.  Feeling festive! Oh and Frank started building the picture ledge I want in the guest room/office.  Woo Hoo! Day 2 of #Lighttheworld and we sent a gift to a friend of ours who is struggling.
Dec 3: A really uplifting day at church, and the Christmas devotional with Dion's family. Day 3 #Lighttheworld I made sure to thank some people and compliment some people I had been thinking of. Frank finished putting up a shelf I really wanted since he is going out of town this week. Aw!
Dec 4: Got to wrap gifts and watch tv tonight. Day 4 #Lighttheworld brought muffins into work for my work "neighbors".  I really like doing that.
Dec 5: Went to SLC with a couple of girls from work.  We finally saw the Light the World vending machines and we bought some water for people in need.  Ran into Sister Morey again!
#Lighttheworld Day 5 is Honor thy father and thy mother. I try to do that every day but I did text my mother in law (who I love so much and is having a rough time right now)
Dec 6: Spend the evening wrapping some more and enjoying some alone time. #Lighttheworld Day 6 is do not judge.  Again, I try to do this every day...but I went into work with the idea of trying my best to help every single patient today.  It helped when I had the cranky ones. :-)
Dec 7: I had today off which was just awesome in an of itself.  I spent the day going to a variety of  doctor appointments, a dentist appointment and I also got a mammogram.  I'm thankful for good health care! Today's #Lighttheworld was to love little children.  I sent a little video to my grandkids last night.  I should have done more today but I know they know I love them and I seriously can't wait to see them for Christmas!
Dec 8: I'm grateful for a reliable car!  We had to jump in the car this morning and drive to Oregon because we got a call that Janice was in ICU, not doing well.  We made it with no problems.
Dec 9: I'm grateful for my belief in the plan of Salvation and Eternal Families!  Janice passed away at 1:31 this morning.  Frank, myself, Diana, Sandra (Janice's sister) and Carol (Sandra's daughter) were at her bedside.
Dec 10: Grateful for the care of others.  We had visitors and people reaching out to help us with the funeral plans and caring for Grandaddy today.
Dec 11: We were able to help Grandaddy set up a new tv with Netflix.  His old one was broken and he knew getting rid of it would be a nightmare.  But we were able to get it all done for him.
Dec 12: I was able to cook food for Frank and Grandaddy.  Cooking is not my favorite but I felt happy to help in this way.
Dec 13: Diana and I were able to help dress Janice for the last time.  I was blessed to do this service for her.
Dec 14: Today was Janice's funeral and it was a truly lovely and wonderful meeting.  She was a charitable and loving woman and it was great to talk about her with so much love.
Dec 15: We drove back home today without incident.  So grateful we were able to be in Oregon this whole week.
Dec 16:We were able to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's christmas concert today. It was great!
Dec 17: Wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies and enjoying the company of Frank, Carter, Hannah and Stephen
Dec 18: It was a nice return to work today with lots of people telling me they missed me. I enjoy the people I work with.
Dec 19: The grandkids arrived!  I went over to see them after work.  We played in the playground and read a bunch of books before I headed home.  Amber will stay the night with her sister.  I'm so glad they are getting to spend time together.
Dec 20: We went to the park in Orem that is made to be accessible for those with disabilities.  It was a very cool park and the kids had fun.  Austin arrived in the evening.
Dec 21: Dinosaur museum with Amber, the girls, Carter, Austin and Rebekah's family too.  Fun times!
Dec 22: Got to stay with the grandkids while the young adults went Christmas shopping.  We did a lot of swinging (it's a pretty nice day out)!
Dec 23: Went and saw Santa with the grandkids today and did some shopping.  Loving the family time!
Dec 24:Christmas Eve and almost all of my family is here.  So much to be thankful for!
Dec 25: I am thankful for the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ!  I am thankful to have my family here (minus one--miss you so much Ryan!)
Dec 26: It was back to work for me today but it was a pretty relaxing day.  Frank had fun with the visitors by going snowshoeing so I'm thankful he got to do that.
Dec 27: Games in the evening with Branden and Carter.  I also found out that the 3 boys went to Denny's in the middle of the night last night and, honestly, it made me so happy.  I love that they love to be around each other.
Dec 28: I babysat so that Branden and Amber could have a night out.  I'm so thankful for time with these cuties!
Dec 29: Today I'm thankful that I could help my siblings with some sorting of stuff from my parent's storage shed. I like being able to help out now that I'm here!
Dec 30: Today is Frank's birthday so I'm obviously thankful for him!  Also thankful to have some fun family activities with Branden, Amber and Carter.
Dec 31: 2017 is coming to an end and I am thankful for having a year where I spent at least a little time each day thinking of my blessings.  It was a good year, not without struggles, but good all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment