Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Random

I have become a wearer of leggings. I really am quite ashamed to admit it.  I have never been a legging wearer... I like jeans or if I'm feeling lazy you might find me in sweats. I own a couple of pair of yoga pants but really only wear them to exercise or lounge around the house.  But my new job doesn't allow jeans so I got a few pair of dress-ish pants...like khakis.  But my job is really just sitting all day so it's hard to stay motivated to dress nice.  Dress code really only requires us to not wear jeans or sweats.  We can wear leggings or skirts or dress pants.  And so I found myself buying leggings with tunics because I am all about comfort.  I wear my oversized men's flannel shirts with leggings too.  Oh and my boots that are really more like slippers. It's not a good development and that's really saying something considering how badly I've dressed in the past.
And then I discovered these stretchy pants that they sell in the career section of the department stores.  They are basically leggings but thicker.  Oh yeah, I am hooked baby.  They are so comfy, like wearing pajamas.  I look terrible but I can't quite bring myself to be remorseful.

_____

I made soup the other day using some of my homemade/home canned beef broth. But I didn't quite finish it in time for dinner so I stuck it in the fridge for another day.
Today I got it out to add the rest of the ingredients and cook it up for dinner.
I threw the potatoes in and they just sat on top and didn't sink down into the soup.
Hmmm
I looked closer and my amazing broth had jelled while in the fridge.
I know it's kind of weird of me but I felt so happy about that...my own homemade broth gelled up and is (I'm sure) full of awesome nutrition!

I also used home canned tomatoes and frozen peppers from the garden.



I am practically a pioneer over here.
_____

I decided to FINALLY decorate my cubby at work.
So I got some bakers twine and strung it up to make a place to hang photos.
I plan to put photos of the grandkids and my boys and their wives and my favorite places.
That was a couple of weeks ago and all I have hanging up is string.
Today my boss threatened to put pictures of my coworkers up that she prints from the work printer.
I told her she probably should.
Somehow sending pictures to Costco and picking them up is beyond me.



1 comment:

  1. I own about 50 pair of leggings! But only one pair are solid, they are all prints and I wear the with tunics all the time, yep so comfy! (BTW, I have a bunch I'm trying to get rid of for $11 on my LLR page if you need more for your collection) ;) And your soup looks delish! I love soup but I never want to take the time to make it! Decorating my cube is the first thing I do every time I start a job, if I have to spend all day there it may as well feel like home!

    ReplyDelete