Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Photos

I have finished the photo ledge in my office/guest room.  It took me a surprisingly long time to get all of the pictures printed and put in the various frames that I have either gotten at garage sales or had around the house in different areas.
I may yet paint them but for now, since it is winter anyway and too cold to spray paint anything, I am leaving them all in their original state.  I will live with them this way for awhile before making my decision.
I have a variety of pictures up: old pictures, wedding pictures, favorites, and a couple of landscapes of my favorite places.

I like how we made the ledge go around the corner of the room.  This is one of those ideas that I saw on some kind of home fixing show on HGTV and just loved it immediately.  I knew I had to find a place to do it in my own home. I originally wanted two ledges but the room is just too small.  I may end up putting fewer pictures later or different sizes, but for now it's a good start for me to get a feel for how I want it to be.  If I ever tire of my collage in the front room, I may end up making more picture ledges, I just love them!


Here's a little run down of the pictures I currently have up there:

One of my favorite pictures of my parents (on their 50th anniversary celebration), all of the Hill cousins when they were young, Family picture of the Alaska kids and a cute picture of Austin and Katy at Multnomah Falls


I have an old picture of my family before my brother died (it was in the newspaper at the time as they did a story on my brother's cancer fight), more beach photos, a wedding picture of Frank and I, and the picture we took at Christmas this year.


I have a gorgeous picture of Alaska and one of my favorite family pictures of Branden, Amber and the girls.


This is one of my favorite pictures ever!
Frank's Dad sent it to the kids back when the Harry Potter books were new and we were all really into them. I just love that he put on those glasses and took this picture!
Behind it is Katy and Austin's wedding photo.


Ryan with Kaylee and Branden with Isabelle
One of my favorite pictures from Branden and Amber's wedding is behind.


Carter with Isabelle just this last December
and a gorgeous view from Zion's National park



I also finally got some pictures put up at work.
When I was printing all of these pictures for the house I printed a ton of other pictures for work.  I printed way too many though so I can apparently change up my cubicle multiple times if I get bored.







No comments:

Post a Comment