Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 in Review

  1. What did you do in 2017 that you'd never done before? Helped make a bridal bouquet (for my niece Hannah), started working full time (I don't think I have ever worked full time before...even as a nurse it was a less than 40 hr position), hiked to delicate arch, went to Disneyworld and Harry Potter World

  2. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? Energy/will power to eat right and exercise, a visit with Ryan

  3. What dates from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 4, 2017 the day that Frank can officially say he beat cancer! September 9. 2017 the day that Austin got married to Katy! December 9, 2017 the day my lovely mother-in-law Janice passed away.

  4. What was your biggest achievement this year? Painting my kitchen cabinets, got my first full-time job

  5. What was your biggest failure? Too much complaining about work

  6. Did you suffer illness or injury?  This year was a year of struggling with pain.  Joint and body pain, migraine pain, foot pain.

  7. What was the best thing you bought?  Tickets for my kids to come down from Alaska for Christmas

  8. Where did most of your money go? Tickets for my kids to come down from Alaska for Christmas :-D Also college expenses.

  9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Harry Potter World! (my birthday present for 2017)

  10. What song will always remind you of 2017? Probably none

  11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    a) happier or sadder?
     Hmmm...about the same
    b) thinner or fatter?  
    About the same, sadly
    c) richer or poorer? About the same

  12. What do you wish you'd done more of? You know, I feel pretty content honestly.  I'm sure I could have been kinder at times or gone on a vacation that Frank really enjoyed  or called my kids more (or they could also call me..hint hint) but overall I enjoyed 2017.

  13. What do you wish you'd done less of? complaining

  14. What was your favorite TV program? This is Us, The Middle, The Good Place

  15. What was the best book you read? Re-read Jesus the Christ (actually, audio book...so re-listened) and I loved it so much. Read most of the book club books, so that was nice to get a few new ones in...can't specifically remember having a super duper favorite though

  16. What was your family's favorite children's book this year? Irrelevant to my life right now I think.

  17. What did you want and get?  A trip to Arizona to visit my friends there and just relax. A trip to Alaska. Harry Potter World! Most of the kids here for Christmas. Several trips to Logan to visit the Petersons. A get together with the Peterson's and Peter's.

  18. What did you want and not get? A trip to Alaska by myself. Ryan here for Christmas.

  19. What was your favorite film of the year? No idea. Bad memory.

  20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 50 this year. I still can't believe it.  Frank threw me a party (at my request) but a snowstorm kept most people away.  I had a good time though and everyone who came got to eat lots of food!  My cake was amazing. 

  21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? comfortable and usually ugly. Once I got my new job it became somewhat business casual with an emphasis on casual.

  22. What kept you sane? prayer

  23. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Don't care about them.

  24. What political issue stirred you the most? Frank has to tell me to stop watching the news or reading because I get too riled up...you know, Trump. Gah that man makes me nuts!

  25. Who is the best new person you met? Katy's family!

  26. Who did you miss? Ryan

  27. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2017. Don't judge (why do I have to keep re-learning that?), everyone has something going on...give people the benefit of the doubt, I can do hard things.
Favorite pictures from 2017 (mostly this is really good memories vs. good pictures but you get the idea)

Seeing my son for the first time after his mission!

visiting Logan

First time at delicate arch

fun weekend of hiking/sightseeing in southern Utah

Old friends!

Cute green couch/my own office space

Alaska! Family!

Mom's 80th

Disneyworld!

Harry Potter World + visiting Annavon!

My cute mom

talented son

Grandkids :-)

grandkids :-)

Alaska beauty

Finished kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment