I bought this little side table at a garage sale for $10.
It's possible that I might have overpaid.
Here it is sitting, fresh from the garage sale, in its future home.
It's a cute table at first glance (or if you don't look closely) which is why I bought it. But it appears that just about everything about this table was broken at one time or another and then some of the things were fixed...badly.
I knew it had a broken leg when I bought it.
When I got it home I found a second broken leg that had been fixed possibly with gorilla glue or some other glue that expands and goes all over the place. It was definitely not the proper wood glue that should have been used.
It is not only broken where it attaches to the base, but also split!
That glue looks oh-so-pretty.
Also the drawer, which I thought was fine, is very broken. I was sad about that.
It's also been glued in some places but just remains broken in other places.
I will need to shore it up so the bottom doesn't fall out and then somehow fix the side where all of the tongue in groove is just plain missing.
Since it is in such bad shape, I will probably paint it...at least the legs.
I hope to refinish the top.
But I don't think I have the skills to fix the legs and be able to stain them.
The legs on this table are so pretty with lots of detail.
The top, though dinged up, looks pretty nice.
And I like a few dings to show that this table had a life.
That's my latest project, so stay tuned for the finished product sometime in the near future.