Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunday, April 25th

First matter of business: I worked out several times this week. Not as much as I should have, but it was a start. Now to do even better next week!

Tuesday I got a haircut from Harley. She always does a great job and I like my hair so much more these days. Stopping coloring it was a good choice for me, it turns out. I made the mistake of petting the kitties and not washing my hands though. Of course I ended up rubbing my eye and it was all downhill from there. haha! I was so itchy! I'm usually super careful about that. I hate being itchy.

I took Friday afternoon off for a family activity. We went with Dion's family, Doneen's family, Jared, Heather and Jansen and Sara and Kaleo to the Tulip festival as part of a celebration for Heather's graduation from BYU. It was a lovely afternoon and the gardens were, of course, beautiful. I was glad to be there. When Dion originally told me about it I just said, "sorry, I'll be at work" but he texted later and said that life is short and I should just take time off to be at this family thing. So I turned to my coworker and asked if she would cover for me and she said yes!  It was definitely the right choice.  We then went to Dinner and ice cream after where Kari and her fiancĂ© also joined us . It was totally fun.





I got my first ever chemical peel on Thursday. It's supposed to help with age spots, which I am getting lots of, and keep your face looking nice. My coworker, Lori, gets them and so I was intrigued. The rules are: no picking at flaking skin, wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun. So, going to the Tulip festival the next day might not have been the best choice. I did wear sunscreen but I was definitely IN THE SUN. Anyway, it just started peeling today. I was hoping to be done peeling by today so I don't look freaky at work. Alas, that is not to be apparently. Guess I won't mind wearing that mask as much as I usually do!

Now some complaining: Saturday I felt very down and very lonely. I cleaned house and did stuff that I needed to do but just kept thinking about how freaking ALONE I am here. I really missed my family when I lived back East and I am so glad to be near them now. But I think back East, people knew they needed other people. Most people didn't have a lot of family around and so they looked for friends and made close friends. Here, it seems like everyone has all their family around and so they don't need anyone else. I used to have friends. And I've complained about this before I'm sure, but if I don't reach out to others to do stuff or play games or whatever, no one reaches out to me. I constantly reach out to others but get no reciprocation. Why is that? Am I annoying and I don't know it?  Well, I realize that I'm annoying at this moment but I'm not always like this!  Anyway, I'm lonely and I don't know how to fix it.  So I ate junk food.  That's still going on today actually.  Back on the wagon tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment