Sunday, April 11, 2021

April 11, 2021

 Like many projects, this one is off to a rocky start!  But I shall not give up, even though I missed two weeks without even THINKING about this blog. sigh.

_____

Today is Ryan and Kristal's wedding anniversary! Happy one year to them!  


I try to visit them approximately once a week and we have lunch together. Schedules sometimes make it so that we miss a week but we are pretty good about it. I love being able to spend time with them and get to know Kristal better also. She is super talented and crafty which I did not know until the day of their wedding when she showed up with all kinds of beautiful decorations that SHE HAD MADE!  






_____

I am in the middle of repainting our night stands. They've been black for over 20 years now and I'm painting them white. Our house is SO DUSTY. I admit that I hate to dust and probably put it off too long but this house gets dusty within hours of a thorough dusting. And the black night stands always looked atrocious. So hopefully white will look better, longer.




Still need to put the legs back on but they are taking forever to paint
_____

I had a bunch of junk from our bathroom stored in the various bedrooms while we redid it and then when we went to put it all back, one of the items had fallen over and leaked all over my window seat cushion. I had the brilliant idea to put it in the washer. Shoulda thought that through.  
The stain didn't come out and the inside cushion is now a twisted mess. 
Alas.
Doneen says she'll help me fix it.

_____

I did a mini makeover of the guest bath also. 



Bought a new shower curtain at Target. I had two that I was deciding between but went with the one that had colors I hadn't used in awhile. When I got home I realized that my blue hooks would not look so great with the curtain so I had to pain the hooks. That's no big deal but I didn't want glossy paint, which was all I had. So I went to the paint store and looked at their mistake paint. Found a nice black paint that said it was eggshell for only $2 for a quart.  I painted the hooks and put up the new shower curtain and it looks really nice.  Now my towels don't match either. HA!
Luckily I had a couple of reddish/orangeish towels in the cupboard.
I discovered after painting that the paint I bought is, indeed, glossy. And, it turns out, dark brown not black!  I shoulda just used the paint I had in my cupboard. 
They mostly look black except in a certain light so I'm leaving it.


I also ordered black hardware for the vanity. I had an extra from our bathroom makeover and put it on to see how I liked it and I like it much better. I've never cared for the hardware that came with this vanity. I can't wait to be rid of the rectangle pulls because they are always crooked and I am way to OCD for that jazz.


_____

Amber and the girls have been visiting Utah. We got to see them  few times and it's been fun. They leave today.
We took Isabelle and Kaylee shopping to buy their birthday presents and let them each pick what they wanted. It was fun! We had dinner together and hung out at the house for awhile too. Kaylee wanted a full tour because she was too little when they moved away and didn't remember the house.
I didn't take one single picture. 
Oops.

_____

I've been having a couple of bad mental health days this weekend. That's what I call it when I explain it to Frank. No idea why but I'm very down and out. Luckily all I have to do is tell Frank and he's good to give me space when I'm like this. It's almost like PMS on steroids or something. Being a girl is fun.

That's it for this week! I'm off to eat some chocolate to soothe my feelings.








No comments:

Post a Comment