Friday, June 8, 2018

Family fun...with sharp objects!

So, I drive by this place every day when I go to and come home from work.  I have thought for some time that we need to go there. I like to support local small businesses for one and it also just intrigued me. I kept putting it off and then one of my neighbors went and posted about it on Facebook...they loved it, so I knew that I had to do it!
 So one night last week, I walked in from work and just announced that we were going.  Carter was not interested but I forced him to come (not too difficult really, just a little mom guilt was applied).  Where did we go?
Axe throwing!
I know, sounds weird but it was super fun.
I have decided that it needs to be our next date night with my siblings as well. We haven't set it up yet but soon, I hope.

The guy that owns it was there and he showed us how to throw the various kinds of axes that he has available. We practiced for a bit until we could all get the axe to stick in the target.  Once we were sticking it pretty regularly he introduced us to a  few games.  We competed against each other and just had a great time. I kicked butt on one of the games. Like KILLED the guys. We won't talk about how I did on the other games...mmmkay?



The picture below is where Frank barely got a hit on the "8 ball" which is way up on the target. This hit helped him win the first game. I couldn't throw even remotely high enough to hit that part of the target.

There is a second room where we could throw knives and metal playing cards. Carter was flipping the cards at the target but they weren't really sticking much.  The guy told us that for some reason flipping the cards works better if you use sound effects.  So carter flipped five cards really quickly and made a whipping sound with his mouth each time...all five cards stuck! It was hilarious.

It was tiring but so so fun! We were actively throwing axes for over an hour (and a couple of us were sore the next day I will admit)


He had us sign the wall before we left and he took group picture
(which I do not have on my phone for some reason)




The place we went to is called Phat Axe.
I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment