Saturday, December 31, 2011

Should I or shouldn't I?

As another year begins I start to think about that ol' pesky project 365 again.
I did it once and really enjoyed it...
Taking a photo every day for a year.
Actually, the year I did it, I took two photos every day:
one photo of "the day"
and one photo that was a self portrait
I made two books at the end of the year and I love them both

I've started up again twice since then
Once I sort of just stopped out of boredom or lack of energy or something
and the second time I was motivated and doing well but my photos were just not doing anything for me.
I didn't feel like they told a story or that I was making improvements or trying very hard in any way
so I stopped.

I do like the idea that a project like this motivates me to improve my photography
or to get out and photograph new things
So if I'm going to do it again I have to commit myself to doing that
in one way or another.
A book of photos that are boring and have no meaning is just
well
boring and meaningless!

So
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna try it just because this year is project 366...

    ReplyDelete