Saturday, August 17, 2024

Project #2 The entryway


 The entryway had the same time that went through the whole main part of the house, the dining area and the kitchen. It had a fake rug shape made from tile that I always hated and covered with a rug. We had a light fixture that I didn't love (previous owners actually had 3 of the same light fixture in various places).





The entryway has already been through a few iterations since we moved in. I painted stripes (which I loved for a long time) and then repainted a greige. We replaced the front door.



The designer who helped with the fireplace sent recommendations for light fixtures. Frank had some opinions here so he basically picked the light we put in the entryway. It's unusual and makes a statement. It has grown on me but I was definitely nervous at first.

I found a tile guy through the local tile store who did my entryway. I picked a black tile in a herringbone pattern and I couldn't love it more.

tile job in progress



Light fixture can be separated or kept together. Frank digs the upside down menorah look.


Someday I will actually decorate this front room and entryway and add art and whatnot but this is the finished product for now.
*chef's kiss*



No comments:

Post a Comment