Sunday, January 30, 2022

Weekend in St. George

We have never gone to St. George. It's only 4 hours from our house and lots of people go there...but we could never figure out why.

What do people do there?  Seems like they golf mostly. But I don't golf and have no interest in starting (again...did do some in College but that's another story).

Whenever we check the weather, it doesn't seem THAT much warmer.

So we always find some other thing to do or another place to go when we have a weekend to spare.

Frank found out late last week that he had Monday off so he really wanted to go for a little weekend trip (I, on the other hand, do not have Monday off and it's really not easy for me to just take a day off with no notice).  Anywho, in an effort to be a fun wife, I gave him the idea of going to St. George for Saturday and Sunday so that he gets a bit of getaway but I also can show up for work on Monday.  Win-win?

St. George still didn't seem that much warmer than American fork but we decided to go anyway. Why not.  We picked a couple of hikes to do and figured we didn't need much to have a good time.

We had a good weekend!

Yes, we had some bumps along the way, but it was still a nice getaway.

We hiked.

Frank fell on the hike and wrenched his knee but didn't seem to do any permanent damage.

I got a migraine in the middle of the hike because, like an idiot, I forgot my sunglasses.  And my headache medicines. I managed to finish the hike but my head got worse until we ended up going to an urgent care to get me a shot.  Ridiculous.

The only picture from the hike. Post migraine so I couldn't really open my eyes fully. LOL

Frank loaned me his sunglasses in an attempt to keep my from continuing to have or getting a new headache but since they aren't prescription I had to put my regular ones on also. Being without my usual glasses also means a headache. I ended up with a lovely concoction of two sets of glasses. Fashionable.


That evening we went to my aunt and uncle's house for a short visit. My cousin Sara was there visiting also and my other cousin Ellen lives next door. I loved loved loved visiting them. As I sometimes do, I talked too much but I think they enjoyed the visit as well.  No pictures because I just never think of that.

Sunday morning we watched church on Youtube, as usual. Then we went to local park called "Little Black Mountain Petroglyph Site" to see some petroglyphs and gently hike.  It was also very fun and quite interesting!  Most Petroglyphs that we've seen have rails and things to keep people from getting too close. People are the worst and often deface the cool petroglyphs so they can't be trusted. This place is just a bunch of rocks with petroglyphs on them and trails in between so you can see them. You could get right up to them...but not touch, of course! 















No comments:

Post a Comment