Thursday, January 6, 2022

Annual birthday post

My birthday, my 55TH birthday, fell on a Wednesday.  I generally work all day on Wednesdays so I figured I'd be doing most of my celebrating on Thursday.

Me on my 55th birthday.
Grey hair, wrinkles, cold sore on my nose, chubby...but also happy, more at peace, loved.


I did work all day and it was fine. I took a small break in the afternoon to go to a cardiologist appointment with Frank. He's been having issues with Atrial Fibrillation lately and we're trying to figure it out. He mostly hates that it is affecting his ability to play pickle ball. ha!

My coworker, Lori, bought chips, salsa and dip from Costa Vida for us to enjoy in the afternoon. It was so yummy. For some reason I just felt like I didn't want any sweets (so weird for me). I've been eating like crap for all of December and it's just catching up with me.  So the salty chips with fresh pico were perfect.

Frank wanted to take me out to dinner of course because you know I ain't cooking on my birthday!  I was kind of full from the chips though and had a hard time deciding. I ended up picking drive thru at Chik-fil-a for their chicken noodle soup.  Frank ordered a sandwich and fries. We both got drinks.  I was holding the bags of food, one including soup, and Frank put the drink holder on the center console. On the drive home, I pulled out his fries for him to eat because he only likes fries when they are piping hot.  Just as he was making a turn, he says "I'm worried about the drinks" at the exact moment that they both tipped over!  He tried to grab them with the same hand that was holding the fries and the fries went flying all over the car.  I managed to catch the drinks and upright them with basically no spillage (which was amazing if I do say so myself).  Anywho, Frank's dinner was a bust because his fries were gone and Chik-fil-a isn't his favorite anyway. The soup was only ok but I ate it all.  No big chunks of chicken...what the heck?

I was able to chat with Austin by phone during my lunch break, which was nice.  Ryan also stopped by with flowers and a present from Kristal for both Frank and I for our birthdays. Super nice of him since he lives almost 40 minutes away!

We finished the day in my favorite way: sitting on the couch in jammies watching a show. ha!  I'm so boring!

I will update with the celebrations from Thursday.

Thursday started with a lunch date with Diane and Doneen at Zupas. We talked for a long time and I actually ended up being late to my hair appointment. (I decided I really needed a trim but nothing too drastic). Luckily my hairdresser is my daughter-in-law Harley so she let me come anyway.  I had her cut more layers because my hair has been feeling kinda thin lately so I'm hoping that will help.  She styled my hair too since it's my birthday. I always enjoy having my hair styled by a professional.


Later Harley and Carter came over and we played some cards and then went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I wasn't feeling super hungry so I opted for the barbecued chicken (I usually get the fried chicken). I will still enjoy it as leftovers...because I can never finish an entire meal at that place.

We played more games after dinner and had cake. I ordered my favorite chocolate cake from my neighbor. Her cakes are always amazing.  I just ordered a small version since we don't have a big group.  It's tiny!

Just to show the smallness of the cake. LOL


I think I was too full after dinner because I didn't even finish one piece of cake.  Unheard of.

A happy and relaxing birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment