Thursday, June 27, 2019

Surgery Recovery

Foot surgery went well but recovery has been not very fun.  I guess I knew that it wouldn't be.

My foot hurt and swelled for a long time.
It isn't very flexible.
My toe doesn't bend right.
I don't scar well...it's definitely enlarging and it's still very tender.

I've been enjoying my handicapped parking though.
I will miss that perk though I'll be glad to walk normally and without pain I'm sure.




Addendum:
I'm writing this now on June 27th, almost 4 months post surgery.
I'm starting to feel like I might actually recover.
I'm still doing physical therapy.
I still limp a bit, especially at the end of the day but it's WAY better. There was a time when I couldn't imagine walking normally.
I can't jump or run yet but I can walk.  I even hiked a bit last weekend in Moab so that's pretty impressive (if I do say so myself).

I'm hopeful that this surgery will have been worth it by the time I recover.
*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment