Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Biting the bullet

That is a weird saying and I don't know where it comes from.  I will have to google that.

I did it, though. I bit the bullet and decided to build the pantry!

I'm excited and scared that I will have buyers remorse (but so much worse) after it is done.
The wall is up and I have already noticed that when I work in the kitchen I am used to looking outside through the front room window, which is now not visible.  I will have to put up a nice picture or something on that wall I guess. :-P

The front room looks so different with a wall there but I still enjoy that room just as much as in the past. Well, currently it's in disarray and dusty, so not that enjoyable, but I know that I will enjoy it when it goes back to it's original state.

I moved my yellow dresser as well as the table and chairs into the basement for a new area for game playing. We don't use our basement a whole heck of a lot really other than Frank's office so if we actually go down there to play games, that will be good.  Or we might just use the dining table for games now, which I will admit we have done many times in the past even when we had the other dining room available.

I moved my buffet from the dining room to the entryway. I like it there (but I would like it anywhere because it's my favorite!) but now I have a blue rug and a blue buffet in the entryway which might not be my favorite. We'll see.

I am imagining putting so many different things in this pantry that I might actually have trouble fitting it all, even though it's a pretty big room (for a closet).

Now I'm trying to decide if I should keep the pantry doors white or paint them some fun color.
_____

From Wikepedia:
To "bite the bullet" is to endure a painful or otherwise unpleasant situation that is seen as unavoidable.[1] The phrase was first recorded by Rudyard Kipling in his 1891 novel The Light that Failed.[1]
It was suggested by the movie Bite the Bullet that biting the bullet meant using a shell casing to cover an aching tooth, especially one that had been broken, and where a nerve is exposed. In the film, the slug was removed from the bullet, the cap was hit to expend that charge, and the casing was cut down to allow it to sit level with the other teeth.
It is often stated that it is derived historically from the practice of having a patient clench a bullet in his or her teeth as a way to cope with the extreme pain of a surgical procedure without anesthetic, though evidence for biting a bullet rather than a leather strap during surgery is sparse.[1] It has been speculated to have evolved from the British empire expression "to bite the cartridge", which dates to the Indian Rebellion of 1857, but the phrase "chew a bullet", with a similar meaning, dates to at least 1796.[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment