Thursday, September 27, 2018

Just a little bit nuts

So, I have started going to therapy.

Anyone who knows me well will probably not be too surprised to hear this and will possibly be clapping right now saying "finally!"

But it was time.  I've noticed my anxiety getting a bit out of control lately so I decided to do something about it.

My therapist or counselor or whatever it is that I'm supposed to call him has coined a word that Frank and I have started using in our daily life now.

The word is "awfulizing"

(not sure how it is supposed to be spelled though since it's a fake word).
It means, as you might guess, making everything more awful in your head than it really is.

We quite enjoy pointing out to each other whenever we are awfulizing something.

I awfulize a lot, which is why I'm in therapy.
Frank awfulizes differently than me but he still does it and I have gotten a kick out of letting him know when it's happening.

So, basically, even if I never get better and therapy is a bust, I have a new word to use and a new way of entertaining myself.

I think I just positivized.

No comments:

Post a Comment