Friday, December 1, 2017

FLORIDA-Post #1

I went to Florida for an epic vacation recently. And now I'm going to write all about it.
Yep.
Prepare for picture overload big time.
So, for my birthday this year (yes, many months ago) I asked Frank for a trip to Florida to go to Harry Potter World and Disney World. I didn't want him to come because 1-he hates Disney and 2-I wanted to really enjoy that place without worrying about him enjoying or not enjoying himself.
So, he got me a ticket to Florida and I asked my friend Annavon if I could stay with her.

Day 1-travel
I flew across the country and watched movies on the plane.
I had the day off work and it was the beginning of 7 days off.
So, yeah, awesome.

After I arrived we planned what we would do for the visit and bought tickets to Disney and Harry Potter.  Dang, that was painful, not gonna lie. That was a lot of money.

Day 2-DISNEY WORLD
I have never been to Disney World and I have always wanted to go.  I wish we would have gone when the kids were little, like we told them we would when we moved to PA.  But it was always too much money and, as I mentioned, Frank isn't crazy about Disney.  So we did other vacations and I'm sure the kids wouldn't complain about it if we asked...but I always wanted to go.

The entrance was totally different than what I expected!
You have to take a boat or train to the actual entrance.
What the heck?
I thought I was there and then, turns out, I wasn't really.


But, the castle sure looked cool in the distance.


We took the boat.
I was excited.

We went on November 1st so I wasn't sure what I though it would be like...maybe decorated for Halloween still?  Or fall?  But it was decorated for Christmas!  Even the characters were wearing their Christmas clothes.  That was fun.





I just wanted to walk around and soak it all in.
We didn't rush to any specific rides, just enjoyed.


They had these pins for people celebrating a birthday or anniversary or for...
first time visitors!!
Yes, I took a pin and wore it proudly all day.



At one point we met a nice guy from France who was at Disney by himself.  We struck up a conversation about how he just had to visit Disney since he was in Florida and how it was my first time too.  He was funny and nice.  At one point he pulled one of these pins out of his pocket and, when I asked him why he wasn't wearing it like me, he said, "I thought they were for kids". But of course he took one anyway!  ha!  I told him to wear it with pride!



Just loved everything.
Every. single. thing.


Because it was not the busiest time of year, the lines were not bad at all.  We rode everything we wanted to ride, except Peter Pan.  Why does that ride always have such a long line?


In the spirit of the name of the blog, I will admit that I had one of Annavon's protein shakes for breakfast and my body did not like it at all.
So in addition to taking all the ambience of Disney, I also visited just about every bathroom in the place.  That was fun. Did you know that even the bathrooms are themed?  
Disney knows how to do it right.


The tile work in the castle was amazing!


I really loved my day at Disney!


No comments:

Post a Comment