Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Confession of a clutz

I was cleaning carter's room because we had guests coming over
(no, I don't usually clean my adult son's bedroom)

I will preface this by saying that I am usually quite careful about not bumping into or otherwise unintentionally damaging the doors and trim in the house.  I painted all of that trim and it was a lot of work so I try to keep it looking nice!

I had a big basket of laundry in my arms which I specifically turned long ways in my arms so that I would be sure not to bang into the doorway as I walked out.
As I began to leave the room, I saw a pair of scissors on the bed that needed to go to its proper place so I looped one of my fingers through the handle.
Such a multitasker!
Then, as I went through the doorway, the scissors caught on the door. And because it was only looped on my finger and my hands were full of a heavy laundry basket, I didn't have any way of repositioning the scissors.
As I walked through the door the scissors scraped all the way along the door!
As a story it sounds like you would just stop and rearrange to avoid tragedy but in real life this all happened within a second and by the time I realized what was happening, it had happened.
sigh.
It's not major damage but it's just one of those moments that are like "seriously??" because I'm SO CAREFUL... until the moment when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment