Tuesday, April 11, 2017

New Windows!

Woo Hoo! 
Today I got four new windows and I'm super excited about it.

Here's what I got:

New window over the kitchen sink.

The previous window was a garden window and it was broken in numerous ways.
It wouldn't open and the glass was cracked.



And I never actually put plants on it.
Because I kill plants.  It's what I do.

I had to remove the tile in the window sill before they could put in the new window, so I have started a whole big mess in the kitchen.



Here is the new window which actually OPENS.
Yep, that's right.



I still have a lot of work to do though: repair the walls, fix the sill, tear out the rest of the backsplash and put something else there...ok I don't want to think about all that right now.


I also got new windows in both bathrooms.
The old windows didn't open well and were made of regular glass so I always felt like I had to keep the shutters closed.
And keeping the shutters closed meant that the bathroom was always dark.

Now we have privacy glass.
I might just remove the shutters altogether and just let the light pour in.


The last window is in the family room area right at the top of the stairs to the basement.
This window wouldn't open and stay open without falling inward.
Then if you did open it somehow, it wouldn't shut.
Would. Not. Shut.
Took all your strength to push that puppy down.
Weird.
Anyway, we looked into just getting that fixed but it was such an old window that the only real option was replacement.



It's now so light and bright that Frank doesn't want to put the blinds back, so I have to think about that one.
Looks like I might be making more curtains.
You can see that I have partially painted that wall and then stopped.
Must get back to painting!

Ok, this happy post about my new windows has reminded me of all the work I still need to do!
But, that's the life of a homeowner I suppose.
Or at least the life of a homeowner like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment