Friday, November 25, 2016

100 Things 2016

This year I tried to write a few each month but I wasn't perfect about it.  I know I could list more than 100 things because I am very blessed.  As usual the things on this list are random and sometimes little things...but I really like the view of my life that this list gives me every year.

1. A wonderful trip to Alaska to visit Branden, Amber, Isabelle and Kaylee!
2. KSL-for selling stuff.  Like Craigslist for Utah.  Works great!
3. Monthly birthday parties with the family
4. Frank's pies
5. Smoothies for breakfast.  I feel so much better drinking a smoothie than eating toast or cereal.  Too bad I waited so long to figure this out!
6. Being close to my parents
7. Blurb.com-- I use them to make my blog books every year and made one for my mom too.  I love having these things in print!
8. A warm home
9. Lazy mornings
10. Cool old books owned by my grandparents
11. Spring-like days in the middle of winter
12. Texting
13. Netflix
14. Siblings
15. Being able to go to lunch with friends
16. Getting a new job
17. Friday night games with neighborhood friends.  Yay, we are making friends!
18. Little flowers springing up in the yard! Spring!
19. Headache-free days (rare lately)...so, yes, I am complaining in my thankful post! haa!
20. Organizing at my parents house with my siblings.  Fun and work at the same time. Plus, the finished product (an organized home) is very fulfilling. Hope Mom and Dad feel the same way!
21. Game nights with the boys. We've really been having fun together!
22. Days off of work! (ha)
23. Good recipes on the internet
24. Canned chicken and stew on lazy nights
25. Opportunities to help neighbors
26. Nice people at work
27. Living near Mom and Dad
28. 5% off with the Lowes card
29. Disneyland with friends!
30. Fastpass
31. Warm stew in a bread bowl when it's raining
32. Eagle Scout Carter Hill!
33. My peonies that are coming up.
34. When the weekly grade report for Carter is good.
35. Chocolate
36. Sweet texts from hubby when he's out of town
37. Movies with Carter (even on school nights)
38. The ceiling fan in my bedroom.
39. Sweet Potato Fries
40. Making new friends
41. The neighbor's pretty yellow roses
42. Getting to go to Hawaii
43. Seeing Sea Turtles up close. What is it about Sea Turtles? I never get tired of them.
44. A good meal and a nice view
45. Peonies!
46. Fresh strawberries from my own garden
47. Being in the temple with my family
48. Cute videos of the grandkids
49. Airline miles that make it possible for me to travel
50. Frank's good job
51. A handy husband
52. Solar panels (that I can't see from the front of my house)
53. All the flowers in my neighborhood.
54. Flags around the neighborhood on holidays
55. My Missionary son
56. Weekly emails
57. A trip to Alaska! Again!
58. Slightly green bananas. yum.
59. My pressure canner
60. A flexible boss
61. A good book
62. Raspberry Crisp
63. Raspberry freezer jam!
64. Friends with a boat
65. advil
66. gravy
67. a sister who can tile
68. yellow paint
69. my own computer
70. when I drop my phone and it doesn't break!
71. lunch with cousins!
72. lunch with mom and dad (yes, I like going out to lunch)
73. going to a movie by myself occasionally
74. popcorn and milk duds
75. rebates
76. hot showers
77. flat rate shipping boxes
78. calls from kids and grandkids
79. A preparedness minded hubby
80. peaches
81. Movies on my iPad
82. my pressure canner
83. internet shopping
84. power tools
85. a good pen that works and doesn't leak
86. eating out and not cooking!
87. seeing friends from far away
88. family at thanksgiving!
89. games with family
90. keeping up with nieces, nephews, old friends and new, close and long distance family on Facebook.  I love it for the most part.  During election time...possibly not as much. ha!
91. football games with family
92. fall foliage
93. gorgeous sunsets
94. quiet days with not much to do
95. house projects
96. a reliable car
97. comfy pillows
98. warm blankets while watching tv
99. when the kids who I teach Sunday school to actually talk and participate.
100. the Gospel of Jesus Christ

1 comment:

  1. That's a great list. And you must really love your pressure canner, you listed it twice! Ha!

    ReplyDelete