Monday, November 19, 2012

Pink

The ultrasound results are in and I am going to be the grandmother of a baby
GIRL

You know, you hear all the time about how great it is to be a grandparent
The "older people" tell you this even when you have little kids
How its the best of both worlds...getting to enjoy the baby without all the responsibility.

But, other than my own children, I have never been a baby person.
They are cute and all but I have no desire to hold them.
I figured it would be different with my grandchildren
(or I hoped)

Now, my granddaughter is not born yet
but I can tell you that from the second I saw this ultrasound picture, 
really from the moment I heard Amber was pregnant,
this was already a different experience.
I can look at someone else's ultrasound and think "oh how exciting for you!"
but I don't feel much else.
This baby...
This baby is already important to me.
I feel love for her
just like I did with my own children...
loved them before they were born.
It's so amazing!

And I can't wait to meet her.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you get to experience a GIRL baby this time around too! So much FUN!!! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy to Amber and Brandon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest post I've ever read. congratulations to you and Amber and everybody else. that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true Debbie !! I am so excited for you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me tear up, too. I'm not a huge baby person either, so I hope I feel the same way when I have grandchildren. The baby already looks cute!

    ReplyDelete