Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6

I haven't posted a single political thing this year.
Not on facebook.
Not here.
and I'm not really going to start now

But today is the day to vote.
And I do believe in the right to vote.

I'm just really not a political person.
I consider it one of my better qualities that I am able to see both sides of an issue or belief.
It does make me less decisive in some ways but I think it makes me a more compassionate and empathetic person.
I'm pretty good at understanding people's feelings and why they feel that way.

This year I have been one of those "undecided voters" that they talk about all the time on the news
I've had people from both sides give me their views (at my request)
I have a staunch Romney supporter and an equally staunch Obama supporter right here in my family.

I'm not going to tell you what I decided because I also believe that a person's vote can be private.
Not everyone likes to put signs in their yard
or try to persuade people to adopt their views on facebook.
Some people do like to have their views known and that is their right.
I'm not one of those.

It's just not how I'm wired.

So, I hope everyone who has a desire and knowledge of who they want for President
(and whatever other officials and issues are on your ballot)
gets out and votes today!


1 comment:

  1. My husband is also one of those undecided voters. He did finally decide and cast his vote today. I've been pushing for Romney for a long time and I'm not concerned about keeping it private (which is weird, because I've always been private about it before). I hate politics, but I feel strongly about this one I guess!

    ReplyDelete