Monday, January 9, 2023

2023 Annual Birthday Post

 My birthday fell on my day off this year! Yahoo!

I woke up in a bad mood...actually I went to bed the night before in a bad mood. For a myriad of unimportant reasons. (truly unimportant!  Why do I let little things upset me like this?) Anyway, I woke up in a bad mood and laid around feeling sorry for myself for awhile.

I finally decided that I needed to do something to cheer myself up so I forced myself to go to the gym where I walked around the track, listened to a book and also did some stretching/strengthening. I gave myself inner pep talks and also did some praying.  I left and went to my car where I texted my cousin and did some good ol' fashioned car crying, which actually helped.

I came home and  laid on my bed until Frank became concerned and asked if I needed to open a present or something. 

Instead of doing that I got myself up and got dressed for lunch. I had plans to have lunch with Doneen and Kari and Diane. To my surprise and delight, Jaime was still in town and she came too. And so did Josh, who I love like crazy. It was a fun lunch and really helped me feel more happy.  Also I had chips and queso which I've been craving for awhile now. So that was a win for sure.




After lunch I took a nap because I've trained my body to need a nap every single day even when I've done very little.

Dinner was at a fancy steak place (Carvers) with Dion and Summer ( and Frank of course) I had a lovely time. I always enjoy hanging out withe Dion and Summer. I had asked for no cake so we all shared a cheesecake at the restaurant which was nice. Dion and Summer gave me a gift certificate to a different steak place so we get to go out again! WooHoo!

Frank got me pajama pants (need those), 5 (yes 5!) flannel shirts, and a new plant. He also got me court shoes earlier in the week but I already returned them because they didn't fit right. I plan to buy new online and count them as a bday gift though. Ryan also brought me a nice card and a new plant. 

I had nice phone calls with 3 of the 4 boys and texted back and forth with Carter as well. (he's more local so I see him way more than the others). 

Anyway, it was a lovely day overall.

I'm 56.  Closer to 60 than 50. I don't feel old really but I'm feeling some symptoms of an aging body for sure. Plus the wrinkles. Gah, the wrinkles. But overall, life's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment