Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Visiting Michigan!

 My goal is always to visit the Michigan family at least 4 times a year. I have failed so far this year.  Work is hard to get away from and the price of tickets has been crazy too.  But I finally managed a trip in October and even though it was just a weekend, I was so glad I went!

I always have to take a 6 am flight so I am totally exhausted when I arrive. Luckily the girls are in school so it worked out for me to nap until they got out of school.  They made me a cute sign and hung it up in my bedroom. Isabelle also put her bean plant from school in my room to cheer me up.


Both girls were getting over colds and the weather was surprisingly chilly for the first day so we just kind of hung out together.  I honestly should keep a list of things we do or I forget.

I brought the girls and Amber some matching shirts and we all wore them on Friday which was fun


We went out to dinner and a movie together.

That night Kaylee started throwing up and she was sick as a dog for about 12 hours.  Then, she was suddenly better and wanted to go bowling.
So we went bowling.





We also carved pumpkins as a family


We used a drill with a mixer blade on it to take out the guts and it worked quite well!


But the girls didn't mind pulling out guts nearly as much as I remember my boys minding it.
They always wanted me to do it for them because they found it gross. 






I figured I would end up getting sick with all the germs I was around but it was worth it to visit this cute family!
I did end up with a cold the next week. Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment