Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Larson Cup 2022

As per usual, the Larson Cup snuck up on me and I had forgotten to exercise all year...again!  I hate that and vow to do better next year. I make that vow every year, FYI.

I mean, I did exercise some but I was not in any way, shape or form ready for a triathlon of any length.  I roped Ryan and Heather into doing a team with me because I have sworn to participate in some way even when I am not prepared.  I did the swim, Ryan the bike and Heather was our runner.  She was the only one who was semi-prepared.

It was super fun as expected!

We weren't very fast but we didn't die, so we're calling it a win!

And we did all vow to be prepared to do the entire thing next year!

Here is our amazing team before the event.
I'm grateful for Ryan and Heather being willing...I'm always happy when I participate in some way.

After! We're standing on a hill so it's a little weird 
but we had to show off our Larson Cup Shirts

Dion did the entire triathlon which nearly brought me to tears!
Just a year after having a heart attack, Dion, a good 40 lbs lighter and much healthier
completed the whole thing!
He is an inspiration!
(and he won a special prize at the lunch for his amazingness)

My team at the lunch:


The whole clan!  Love this activity


The Donna Larson Davidson group that participated:


No comments:

Post a Comment