Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

Thanksgiving was a bit of a bust for me this year as I came down with a bad cold on Wednesday. I even left work early to go get a covid test, thinking that if I felt ok, I could still go to the family get together as long as I was covid free. But I felt like crap and decided it was best to keep my germy self home.  

We had a big gathering that I was quite looking forward to: Diane's family, Daren's family, Jared, Doneen's family including Chelsie, Jaime and Greg and their kids, Kari and Josh; Dion's family, and Lauren Davidson who is currently living with Dion's family while she goes to nursing school. Ryan/Kristal and Carter/Harley also went.

Frank took the opportunity of my illness to not go since family activities aren't his favorite anyway. Lame.

I had made stuffing, mashed potatoes and two pies (well Frank made the pies, obviously) that we sent with Carter.

It sounds like they all had a great time!

The one redeeming quality to the day was that we had a nice long video meeting with all the boys!  I love hearing them chat and talk with each other. That was really nice.

I watched a couple of Christmas movies and managed to unpack the fake Christmas tree, though I didn't decorate it or anything. But mostly I napped and sat on the couch feeling sorry for myself. 

My throat actually continued to get more and more sore as the day went on. It's now the next day and I'm wondering if I should see a doctor since the pain isn't improving and I'm taking too much advil.

But, even with a cold and sore throat, I have a lot to be thankful for! My family, my warm home, my job, Frank's job, Frank's health, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ that gives it all meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment