Saturday, March 28, 2020

Little house

That is the name I use when I refer to the rental we are working on. The little house.

We bought the little house right before the world fell apart from the Corona Virus Pandemic.

It's a bit stressful at times. Though Frank and I are both still employed, we are worried. He's worried about layoffs at his work and I'm worried that my job would never pay the bills if that happened.

Today we were bemoaning the timing of our big risky purchase.

Frank said that in some ways it was good because while other people are cooped up in their homes while they practice social distancing, we are able to be completely socially distant while also having a project to work on. We aren't stuck at home getting on each other's nerves! We are actively working and accomplishing things, which has been good.

I said that if we were stuck in our house together I would probably have to leave because he would be in a foul mood, no doubt. That man doesn't like being cooped up and he is always busy doing something. Quarantine would be rough.

He laughed and said, "This house is saving our marriage!"

He decided that even if we can't rent it right away and no matter how much it ends up costing us, it is worth it because it saved our marriage. HA!

But I really hope we can get the house done and rented soon.

I will feel less stressed when that happens. I mean, less stressed about one thing at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment